Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 67S outlaw build

67S outlaw build

Purchase this car earlier this year in full vintage race set-up. The car came with alot of, but not all of, the original parts. Decided to restore this to a street outlaw. There is a 2.7 motor in it now, but I have the original numbers matching motor also. The car's original color was "Bahama Yellow", it is now in Signal Yellow (or something close). The car had no headlights, turn signals, light switches, turn signal switches, wiper controls or wipers. Also alot of blue accents, which I have revised to black.

The car has a very good race history and has been to alot of the PCA track events. The PO informed me that this car was built as a vintage racer about 30 years ago. It is 100% rust free - which in itself is very unusual. (I guess I could say "rare", but I am tired of seeing that word used on about everything these days).

Cut out the front portion of the roll cage, moved the fire system to the trunk, painted the interior satin black along with the roof. Installed new black vinyl to the pillers and the roof frame perimeter. Removed all of the plexiglass side glass that was riveted and I am installing the factory polished frames. I left the racing wire harness and installed the factory harness along with the racing harness. The racing harness controls the motor, tach and speedo - the factory harness controls everything else. Installed the factory light switch, wiper and turn signal controls, washer bottle, washer pump, NOS turn signals (front and back), fuel and oil level senders and alot of electrical wiring reconnections. Installed a thru hood center fill along with a customize fuel cell access plate to allow me to use the original fuel level sender. Also fab'd an aluminum bezel ring to mount to the hood. Just setting on the fill tube in the pic.

BEFORE:
    Name:  P1010140.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  91.1 KBName:  P1010129.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  102.6 KBName:  P1010131.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  101.4 KBName:  P1010132.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  142.0 KBName:  P1010130.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  144.3 KBName:  P1010126.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  141.8 KBName:  P1010134.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  145.4 KB
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)

Current build progress:
    Name:  IMG_1877.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  109.0 KBName:  IMG_1878.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  112.7 KBName:  IMG_1879.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  88.3 KBName:  IMG_1880.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  81.7 KBName:  IMG_1881.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG_1882.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  94.4 KB

Wow. Love the details and direction. Looks like an exceptionally clean chassis on which to build.

Shift Knob Maker
    Great way to put a race car back on the street.. Should be fun.

Mark..

I think this is going to get exciting!!!
    Australia

Nice!! Subscribed.

If this car came out of Colorado, and it looks very familiar, I watched it race for many years. It's a fantastic car. I think it might have been owned by someone in the extended Haggstad family. They owned what is now Prestige Porsche in West Denver, (Lakewood) back in the day. They also had a Yellow 73 RS for sale about a year ago.
    Chris
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

A really great car. It's beautiful.

Richard

An update here. I have been trying to get a paint match to re-paint the hood and the doors, due to excessive UV damage. The racing decals are "burned" into the paint. Addition of new decals and black R-stripes would cover the other burn-ins. Well the paint matches (too many to count) have been just off enough where it would look half-assed. I don't do half-assed, not in my general make-up. So I have begun striping down the car for a paint re-fresh. Re-painting in "Signal Yellow", which appears to be what the car was painted in when it was stripped to metal. The loose parts are in paint, doors, hood, rear deck, front and rear bumpers, fenders and a pair of original Cibie "Callas" that I have added. The body is up next. Planning to start taping off during my down time of clear coats. Some pics of the car - more coming.....
    Name:  IMG_1931.JPG
Views: 765
Size:  117.9 KBName:  IMG_1932.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  120.9 KB

excellent.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"