Thread: Price Check/Anyone ever seen this? 65-67 911/912 PorscheAir Air Conditioner

Price Check/Anyone ever seen this? 65-67 911/912 PorscheAir Air Conditioner

I found an air conditioning system in my collection that I was unsure about, so I did a little research. I found a post for a brochure on the system:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ioner-Brochure

It came with a basket case '66 911 I bought years ago, I stuffed it away thinking it wasn't authentic.

Comments from the above the above link about the brochure referring to the system:

"This very hard to find Porsche issued brochure features detailed descriptions of the available Porsche dealer installed air conditioner designed specifically for the new 1965-67 911 and 912....."Designed specifically by Delanair Engineering Co. in cooperation with the Porsche factory"

This "Porsche Air Brochure" announced the availability of the first factory authorized Air Conditioning System. It is a simple undated folder published in the USA sometime in 1965 by Porsche Cars North America, the North American Porsche Distributor at the time. Earlier after-market A/C units were manufactured Delanair for late 356 Porsches.

Also features a detailed listing of technical specifications, as well as several views of the Porsche supplied air conditioner as installed in both the 911 and 912 models"

I would like to move this along because I don't see myself ever doing anything with it. Does anyone have an idea of the value? Once I get an idea of the value, I will be selling it if the value is worthy of spending the time to deal with a sale. If it isn't worth much, I'll just put it back. The compressor is missing unfortunately, but appears to be fairly complete other than that.

Also, thought it would be fun to share, it's a cool system, would be great if someone wanted an authentic air conditioning system in their early car.

What do you think the system is worth? See pictures. Thanks.

Name:  a1.png
Views: 249
Size:  746.4 KBName:  a2.png
Views: 253
Size:  676.3 KBName:  a3.png
Views: 237
Size:  710.2 KBName:  a4.png
Views: 230
Size:  715.6 KBName:  a11.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  92.7 KBName:  a22.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  102.1 KBName:  a33.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  127.5 KBName:  a44.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  103.3 KBName:  a55.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  132.1 KBName:  a66.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  122.5 KB

Company was originally Delanair. Started with the '67 year cars in USA only. You will find info in US manuals detailing operation and set up. You are missing the Tecumseh conpressor and mounting plate. Think Juche Jamba trying to sell a lot of these parts on the For Sale section. Probably worth about $300.00. Not in the best of shape. Sorry to be discouraging.

"Dealer installed" More like dealer buggered from my experience. Huge holes all over for the lines (fed through rockers), with dum dum jammed in to fill the gaps, zillions of Yankee sheet metal screws sunk into the body etc.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964