Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My article on Jalopnik

Just printing the article to save.

I live in Central Va where roads are great but older Porsches rare. Where did you buy this one?
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Well written piece Kris. I appreciate the users and doers of the community. I just turned 185K on my 911 and can't tell you how great it is to see others who enjoy the daily use of these cars. Race on Sunday, drive to work on Monday! Thank you for the nice read.

Cheers,
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Thumbs up

Nice well written piece Kris, enjoyed the read......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Cool piece, and I like that it was written by a younger voice and appears in a place where it might meet younger eyes—and maybe get them to think about the lure of not just early 911s, but earlier cars.

Nicely done, Kris!

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    "I removed the CARRERA and CARRERA RS stickers at a friend’s house in Pennsylvania so I could stand looking at myself in the rearview mirror."

'Atta boy' Kris!

Yes, good read. Well done. Thanks for sharing the link with us.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Very well written Kris. I enjoyed it; especially your inclusive "what's yours?" question.

Thank you.
    Life is more than just Porsches!

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    Nice piece, Kris. I'm sorry that the emotional experience that you have described with such eloquent detail has become the stuff of myth and legend such a short time later. The laws of supply and demand have imposed a harsh regime on our crowded world.

-- David
    Its truly sad, and only getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Kris
    As always, nice read! I always enjoy your articles and your writing style. Knowing a small part of the history of your 911 it's good too see that it has evolved into your vision....a tastefully done Sports Purpose 911!
    Give my regards to Aaron H for me the next time you see him.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
    Just printing the article to save.

I live in Central Va where roads are great but older Porsches rare. Where did you buy this one?
    I honestly dont know, the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by beetle08 View Post
    Well written piece Kris. I appreciate the users and doers of the community. I just turned 185K on my 911 and can't tell you how great it is to see others who enjoy the daily use of these cars. Race on Sunday, drive to work on Monday! Thank you for the nice read.

Cheers,
    You're welcome. I had to change the oil mid summer this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Nice well written piece Kris, enjoyed the read......
    Thanks Chuck!

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    Cool piece, and I like that it was written by a younger voice and appears in a place where it might meet younger eyes—and maybe get them to think about the lure of not just early 911s, but earlier cars.

Nicely done, Kris!
    The future is worrisome for sure. I'm skeptical electrical cars will offer the same kind of buck up and do it yourself attitude and enthusiasm that the older stuff provided for us.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1