Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Selling my 356 inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I still have all of this crap except the rebuilt Carrera tach.

Still looking for input including pics of an original 4 cam tool kit or advice on what's missing/incorrect on the kit I have posted.

Many thanks.

(The Monty Python "Bishop" skit Jon posted in this thread still gives me great joy every time I watch it! Classic MP.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8
    A man who still has 95% of a rare parts stash after two years of saying it's for sale, is a man who isn't very serious about selling it. You are probably more apt to setting up a museum or shrine in the corner of your place. If you are serious about selling, you will need to change your attitude/pricing, if not I would start shopping for velvet ropes and glass cases.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Banned
    Nailed it Adam.
    You will find no lazier or unmotivated seller than me. But I prefer a dark, dusty warehouse to velvet ropes and glass cases.

Selling dinosaur 356 parts for what... 30-40k? is not exactly on my priority list.

Nailed it Adam.
    You will find no lazier or unmotivated seller than me. But I prefer a dark, dusty warehouse to velvet ropes and glass cases.

Selling dinosaur 356 parts for what... 30-40k? is not exactly on my priority list.
    It might help you decide if you sat down and did the math. Using your $40000, you would have to have 40 items worth $1000 each, or 400 items worth $100 each. So if you factor in the 30-40% bulk discount that means you would have to have about $55,000 worth of parts. So that's 55 items that are worth at least $1000 each, or 550 items worth $100 or more. So you would have to say you had $50,000-60,000 worth of parts retail to even get to the $30,000-40,000 you said you wouldn't take. Also, keep in mind a lot of the stuff is not fast sellers. I currently have about 30 motor and probably quadruple that in cases and 3rd pieces. I sell about 5-10 such pieces a year, so if you have "7 motors, 15 eng cases" expect someone who is in the business to not give you top dollar, since to a guy like me it won't be flying off the shelves. Luckily, I'm 44, so like Mick Jagger, I've got time on my side, but you still have to factor these kinds of things in when you're buying.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Banned
    Adam,
    Your first sentence overwhelmed me. I'm not willing to put that much effort into it.

Adam,
    Your first sentence overwhelmed me. I'm not willing to put that much effort into it.
    Just trying to add some insight, the biggest question I get from people is how I decide how much to pay for a warehouse full of parts, I say you do the math, the math doesn't lie. The last piece I'll leave everyone with is normally when you buy a big stash it works into thirds.
    1st third sells in 6months to a year
    2nd third sell is 5 years
    3rd third is the stuff you'll die with, how many engine flapper boxes do I need? Stuff like that.

But it is fun to buy a big stash, but sorting it isn't much fun.

I wrote an article that spells how the highs and lows of such a deal.

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-12-07/...sche-barn-find

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/...che-barn-find/

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

For a bulk sale Id call Matt at Retro Automotive Products. Ive dealt with a lot of these guys and Matt has always been honest and respectful, things I happen to appreciate. Time is most definitely not on Mick Jagger's side and I like Franks attitude. Have fun now.

'Please allow me to introduce....my 36 cadillac'

https://juliablaise.com/mick-jagger-...tage-cadillac/

. . . Your first sentence overwhelmed me. I'm not willing to put that much effort into it . . .
    Hm . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cedricwinters View Post
    . . . a pair of original, NOS Bosch front and back taillights for sale . . . Price for the pair is 5000€ . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by cedricwinters View Post
    . . . Sold to Mr. Frank Beck . . . . a lot of money but if you want an original car . . .
    . . . more of a Buyer than Seller, maybe?

. . . or maybe just switching markets/demographics?

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Time is most definitely not on Mick Jagger's side and I like Franks attitude. Have fun now.
    Mick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oSRvcdlgSI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Hm . . .

. . . more of a Buyer than Seller, maybe?

. . . or maybe just switching markets/demographics?

There is no DOUBT I'm a better buyer than seller. I actually sell very few parts. Hate the whole ceremony; plus my main wheel house is fixing. I find it much more pleasurable to drill out a broken stud or repair a part rather than sell one.

Probably explains why I have all this crap.