Thread: Annual TLG Auto New Year's Day Party!

Thumbs up Annual TLG Auto New Year's Day Party!

This from our friend Marco at TLG:

We missed everyone in '21, but we can't wait to see you in '22.
    Let's get the New Year started off right!

When you've finished nursing your hangover from the night before, and after you've taken your morning drive, please come out and join us for the Annual TLG Auto New Year's Day Party!
    This year we're going to be in ... MALIBU!!

There will be FOOD.
    There will be PORSCHES.
    There will be LOTS OF COOL PEOPLE.

The Specifics
    When:
    Saturday January 1st ... Noon - 5pm

Where:
    Calamigos Ranch
    327 Latigo Canyon Rd.
    Malibu, CA 90265

Parking:
    Upon arriving at the ranch, please let the person at the gate know you are attending the TLG Auto Porsche Event and you will be directed to our designated parking/picnic area.

COVID-19 Protocols:
    This is an outdoor event. All attendees and their guests are requested and expected to adhere to California and Calamigos Ranch COVID-19 Protocols.

Weather:
    This event will take place rain or shine. In the event of rain the party will be relocated to the Calamigos Beach Club at 26025 Pacific Coast Hwy.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Dang, I wish I could make this! One of these years I'm going to make it. I'm thinking next year in the 72.
    72S, 72T now ST

This JUST in from Marco of TLG ... with his apologies ...

TLG Auto 2022 New Year's
    Day Party

**CANCELLED**

Due to the recent, severe uptick in Omicron-variant COVID infections I have decided to CANCEL the New Year's Day party that was scheduled for tomorrow at the Calamigos Beach Club.
    This was not an easy decision for me because I view the New Year's Day party as a way of saying "Thank You" to all of the people who have supported TLG and our families throughout the last year. It's also our way of getting the new year started off on the right foot - with great people, great cars, and great food. Having to cancel this event is a huge disappointment.
    However, I believe it would be irresponsible to host an event - even an outdoor event - that could potentially endanger the health and lives of my clients, friends, family members and, by extension, their clients, friends, and family members.
    I am truly sorry to let you down, but I believe this is the right thing to do. I do intend to reschedule this party for a few months down the line when, hopefully, the wave of infections breaks and this terrible pandemic recedes.
    In the meantime I would like to wish you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year and say THANK YOU for your business, your kindness, and your understanding over the past year. I look forward to seeing you again in 2022 and wish you all the best on our next 12-month journey around the Sun.

Best regards,
    Marco
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

It's the responsible thing to do. This new variant passes to people within a few seconds of exposure. Nobody should have that on their conscience. Hoping for a Happy New Year for all my Early S brethren (and sistern) ;-)
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Unlike my post..

It's the responsible thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Let's just hope the Lit Show survives.
    Ugh - I really hope it isn't cancelled. Been looking forward to that week of events - always my favorite.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

Quote Originally Posted by myflat6 View Post
    Ugh - I really hope it isn't cancelled. Been looking forward to that week of events - always my favorite.
    Couldn’t agree more with you, Bill. One of the most anticipated early Porsche events in California.

Best,
    Ravi
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)