Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What have you found in your car ....

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    I hope you kept that fabric. It is worth cash or can be donated to a proper commemoration museum e.g. Holocaust museum. They are alway looking for the symbol.
    Yes, I still have it. In fact, the scan was just done before my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    That is a 1968 receipt for the Vlissingen - Breskens ferry crossing in the Netherlands. It has recently been replaced by a tunnel, but the last boats were sold off to Italy and are still running on the the Messina straight between Villa San Giovianni and Messina, Sicily.

Your car (in 1968, or to the 1968 rate) would most likely have been aboard the 1963 "Prinses Margriet", which was sold off to China in 1996, currently (2016) still in service in Indonesia... Pics here: http://www.psdnet.nl/tpm.html
    thanks a lot for shedding some light on this

Found this under the wooden floors in my 55 356 about 3 years ago.
    Name:  P8220895.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  51.9 KB
    Name:  P8220894.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  40.0 KB

Made a necklace for my wife with it.

My car was imported into the Netherlands in 2004 and I bought it in 2005. In the glove compartment was an old Italian car-tax document with a name on it.
    On the rear window the car had a sticker of a Mercedes garage where the car probably was sold to a 3rd or maybe even 4th owner. (see below)
    Combining the name on the paper form with the city of the Mercedes garage I managed to track down the 2nd owner in Italy who I'm connected to on Facebook now.
    How cool is that!
    Name:  photo2-4.jpg
Size:  200.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    My car was imported into the Netherlands in 2004 and I bought it in 2005. In the glove compartment was an old Italian car-tax document with a name on it.
    On the rear window the car had a sticker of a Mercedes garage where the car probably was sold to a 3rd or maybe even 4th owner. (see below)
    Combining the name on the paper form with the city of the Mercedes garage I managed to track down the 2nd owner in Italy who I'm connected to on Facebook now.
    How cool is that!
    Name:  photo2-4.jpg
Size:  200.6 KB
    the stickman also seems to be connected ...

In several of my early cars over the years, under the hat shelf, I find pieces of 356 square weave carpet in about a 1" square. I believe they used it as a spacer for the hat shelves, and further proof that they never wasted anything. My latest project produced a red and tan speckled carpet, that will be going back under the hat shelf.
    1969 911 E #824

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    the stickman also seems to be connected ...

I installed an aftermarket alarm system when I had the car in the Netherlands;
    a requirement from the insurance company, which is what that sticker indicates (SCM is an approval type for car alarms).

Working on the old 911 door pockets and found this today

Name:  Road Atlanta pass-out 1977.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  552.0 KB

I crewed (go-ferred) for Jim Busby. My former employer was also racing.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...977-04-17.html
    Last edited by Haasman; 09-24-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709