Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What have you found in your car ....

You could email them out to those interested.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Only do the slideshow if its worth the airfare from Ottawa, Jim!

Though I'm beginning to feel pretty lame as you had someone fly from Seattle to your recent Coffee and Doughnuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    OK, I'll use a bit more tape and re-post it. I agree, pretty tame by today's standards. Maybe we should have a slide show at the next Coffee and Doughnutfest?

Ciao

Jim
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Very early pacemaker
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Were there body parts attached???

Quote Originally Posted by AJH View Post
    Very early pacemaker

Member #1616

I have found many interesting things in some interesting places in the 40+ Porsches I have owned over the years. Including pens in various places in the ventilation system a key under the dash of a car I didn't have a key to. Many tools and even a couple of complete tool rolls in the smugglers box along with ancient cans of oil and other lubricants. One of the most intriguing was a Trojan that the person had torn open the package, but the condom was still neatly rolled inside under the passenger seat - I wonder if he had another one after he lost that one during what was probably an intense moment?

My favorite was not a Porsche, but a 1967 VW Karmann Ghia that I bought while in college for $60 from another student in the 70's. All it needed was a new throwout bearing which I replaced in about 2 hours. I drove that car every day for several months while I was rebuilding the engine in my 356B - it took awhile because I was buying the parts as I could afford them. When I got my 356 back on the road I broke up the VW because it had terminal rust and the parts were worth considerably more than the car. When I took the seats out I discovered that the area between the seat mounts was completely stuffed with coins on end. There was over $25 in silver dimes and quarters along with about the same amount in non silver coins. The silver coins were worth about 3x face so my $60 car yielded about $100 in cash that was a godsend to a poor college student. I know the original owner of the car was a priest and I suspect that the change came from offerings being toted to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    You could email them out to those interested.
    Email sent. You got the "untaped" version, though.

Regards

Jim

Do forward, davep...

Regards

Jim

Member #1616

found today in webasto #832

also found this:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...in-a-donor-car

a few years back i bought a 3liter carrera targa for resto or spares-had not decided which way to go
    car came with no keys so moved it in a corner and left it there for many moons.
    when i needed a passenger floor bord for an other project i decided to break the carrera .so i removed this first pice(actually the 2nd after the carpet)and i found the keys hidden behind the board...i did not breake the car any further but sold it to a guy who brought it back to its former glory.--the car must have felt that it is on the verge of life

broke many 911 and there was only one car i did not find a single coin....the car was formerly owned by several swabians--- the swabians notorious for being parsimonious....must be true.

the very first car i ever owned was also the first car i ever restored.and when i took the heating duct apart there where solettis all over
    https://www.google.at/search?q=solet...w=1366&bih=633
    i was wondering a bit....
    during the restoration i bought a donor car, took it apart and again--- solettis in the heating duct.
    years later i found out that the owners of the cars where cousins...there soletti habit must be geneticly founded.

currently useing a former post van as mule...they usually dont have a passenger seat in order to maximize space for goods.
    when i installed a passenger seat i had to remove a wooden floor board and the space underneath was filled with junk mail and some letters.

Regards

Jim
    I hate coming in late to these threads!
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Thumbs up

Jim and all... Sorry for the 'pruning'... but (excuse the expression) it can be a slippery slope....

Not to pass the buck... but I moderate with something Harvey W. mentioned to me years ago...
    "Ya'know Chuck, I take'a break from the shop, go to the office and have a look at the Registry board, and sometimes I have my two Grand-kids on my lap... I want to feel that I can click on anything, especially in the General Forum, and not have to explain it to'm"

Anyway,

My 911 came with some very big stereo speakers in front of the rear seats, and some VERY frayed Coco mats on the front floors...

However, (as said before) it did come with all it's original owner's stuff... Including a VERY familiar name on salesman's business card... No kidding my car was sold by our own Michael Hammond when he was a salesman at Circle Porsche in June of 1973...

Also a Jan. '73 issue of 'Porsche Pandemonium' the Orange Coast Region PCA newsletter... with some pretty cool ads in it...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter