Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yikes!

Yikes!

Looks like my 3.2SS is going to be out of commission for a while
    I'm reminded about what the monkey said when he peed into the cash drawer. "This is going to run into the money"

Ciao

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hows the block? Catastrophic Something no-one ever wants to see.

Wow. What led up to it?
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Hows the block? Catastrophic Something no-one ever wants to see.
    "Catastrophic" unfortunately, doesn't come close to describing it. Plinys won't even help this situation

Jim

Ouch - Any idea what caused such a catastrophic failure? The rod broke into multiple parts!

I feel for you. Is there much you can salvage. I spun a bearing on the crank of my 2 litre car back in September 2015. Luckily the rod did not let go.
    early S registry # 2596

Quote Originally Posted by denniso View Post
    Ouch - Any idea what caused such a catastrophic failure? The rod broke into multiple parts!
    Actually, I wasn't driving it at the time. I was told by the person who was at the wheel (I won't name names but he could be the Captain on your next Flight) that he was cruising down Hwy 280 (just south of San Francisco) and it just started to make noise.

Jim

Do you think you'll be able to locate any replacement parts?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Actually, I wasn't driving it at the time. I was told by the person who was at the wheel (I won't name names but he could be the Captain on your next Flight) that he was cruising down Hwy 280 (just south of San Francisco) and it just started to make noise.

Jim
    From my experience, its always cheaper to shut it down and call a tow truck when hearing something strange.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Do you think you'll be able to locate any replacement parts?
    I don't think locating good Porsche parts will be EASY, but one never knows