Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    I agree this is reminiscent of a consecration or a suplication or any other "sour" you can muster
    I am ready to begin the rebuild. I'm not going to let Procrastination set in. I'm going to Hop2It and am sure that without a Shadow of a Doubt the new motor will be a Salvation.

Ciao

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    I am ready to begin the rebuild. I'm not going to let Procrastination set in. I'm going to Hop2It and am sure that without a Shadow of a Doubt the new motor will be a Salvation.

Ciao

Jim
    Might I suggest you start with Vinnies row 2 hop infested IPA then progress to the Pliny. I will be a smoother palate transition

Say it ain't so! Then again...30 years on a high-performance 911 engine (and I remember that engine's pull) is something most of us can only hope for with our air-cooled flat sixes. Do you have any idea how many miles you logged on the engine?

Can I borrow the muffler while it's down? I'll care for it and clean it as well.

Tom

PS: It is well known that I don't fly. This sort of vindicates my choice.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Jim, just saw your mishap! Sorry for you, indeed!

The same happened to my 2.5 twin plug at roughly 80 miles on the Autobahn, when a Carillo rod quit its service. The engine case was holed and all internals smashed.

Now I run a wonderful 2.8 twin plug on 46 Webers. Love it, even though the scream of the little 2.5 was magic!
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

What caused the Carillo to break?? Was it a genuine?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

We never found out what caused the rod fracture. It was a genuine Carrillo rod and neither Carrillo nor their Austrian parent company Pankl was interested in investigating...

Today I run classic RSR rods...
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

Hi Jim,

Has the Captain been cut out of the will?

I hope that all is otherwise well with you and the family,
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Nah, Jim wouldn't do that! The Capt might have to pull a few shifts at the yard when he's not in the left seat though! �� will be interesting to see what you build Jim.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Quote Originally Posted by Neil '67 911S View Post
    Hi Jim,

Has the Captain been cut out of the will?

I hope that all is otherwise well with you and the family,
    Neil

No, it just happened on his watch. I don't think he had anything to do with it's demise, even though, his sister said, and I quote "Man, Rich is really good at breaking things"

Ciao

Jim
    PS: The family is doing great. Thanks for asking.