Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recaro sport seat question

Please post a closeup of the hinge area of the inner seat side on both seats. From the image, it "appears" that the pivot post is still there, and was covered up by the in-board home-made recliner. You should just be able to remove that piece, provided the pivot point is still on the back portion of the seat, and there is a "c" clip holding the pivot in the flat "arm" that is part of the lower seat at the hinge area.

An answer for the outboard side is to get standard recliners. You will need to space the upper recliner with either a "piece/spacer" welded to the recliner, or the seat frame, and it would need to be threaded if welded to the seat frame. I guess a lot depends on how much work was done to install the recliners that are currently on the seat frame, and what needs to be "undone" or replaced to use a standard recliner.

Tony from Autobahn is making his own reproduction sport seats. He is using standard recliners and then some sort of "spacing" method on the upper screw point as I understand. He is having the seat frames scratch built, so his are easier to accomodate the standard recliner. I "doubt" that many people would make the catch on a standard recliner vs a sport seat recliner as the difference is small, as long as you paint them in the same manner. Painting that textured surface on the recliners is covered in other threads, but essentially it's simply a spatter paint covered in satin black, or spray adhesive applied to the recliner and then painted satin black.

e

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    Ok, will try d'eser for replica's.. http://www.deser.it/#
    Misterfiat quoted me $1500 for a pair when I was looking for one driver side sport seat recliner.
    Ended up finding a used original one so never concluded the transaction.
    Early 911 S Registry member #3308
    911E 1973 - Brownie- 66k original miles - Second owner
    911E 1971 - gold metallic - sold and missed
    912 1966 - sold

Thanks Soterik,
    I will make some better pictures when I am around the car. Just got a quote back from D'eser - Cesare Serafini, he asks 1220 euros for a set of replica sportseat recliners.
    Last edited by Jesse-911E 1969; 01-02-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Name:  IMG_7039.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  38.2 KB

Looks like the original pivot is under the hone made recliner..

And the pics of the after Market (1220 euro) recliners:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

And also the MrFiat seat reproduction (one seat is the same price as a set of recliners ;-) )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes,
    It does look like the pivot post is there. Also, in your pic there doesn't appear to be any connection of the top half of the recliner to the bottom half, so what is the purpose of that piece? Is there a connection between the two "home made" recliners across the "back" of the seat?

In regards to the pricing, (Deser/Mr. Fiat et al) clearly they have invested in the tooling and don't want anyone buying just the recliners and making their own seats as a competition to them. The pricing on the seats alone at 1220 eu is not that bad imho for a complete reproduction in vinyl. I've costed out the foam and the recliners, but not the frame yet. Tooling is "very" expensive.

Eric

Maybe that guy at EASY still has some stored up in the rafters...worth a call...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    And the pics of the after Market (1220 euro) recliners:
    1220 Euro for a pair of recliners or for one seat?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Maybe that guy at EASY still has some stored up in the rafters...worth a call...
    Concerned about "that guy" at EASY. I PM'd him about setting up a private meeting with Mr. Pliny the Elder. Haven't heard a word.

Home welfare check?