Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Door and ignition cylinder / key service

Tony did most of my locks but if you can’t handle the stress from ill communication you might contact this guy in Europe

https://www.keyprof.com

Decades ago when I went to Essen he had a stand there so he has been around long enough to tell you what he can do.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Tony cut my ignition key (1968) off of my kardex # it worked perfectly
    I had Sierra Madre Collection cut my Targa trunk key off of my Kardex# it works perfectly...

Any locksmith worth their salt can complete this task off your key numbers or the old key itself even if it is worn.

My local uses a cheap blank to double check before cutting my Porsche blanks and charges $25.

I haven't had him change internals of a lock to match others but I am sure he can do that too.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Tony did most of my locks but if you can’t handle the stress from ill communication you might contact this guy in Europe

https://www.keyprof.com

Decades ago when I went to Essen he had a stand there so he has been around long enough to tell you what he can do.

Richard

Thanks to all of you and specially to preS for the contact in Europe.
    Yes, I did contact Tony too, let's wait for its answer.

Actually here is what I would like to do:

1/ Ignition key
    I have a period correct ignition (901.613.101.01) with locker and a working key. It is not original to the car, I changed it as the previous one was more modern with black/red plastic key.
    I would like to "rekey" the ignition cylinder with the first original key of the car, as written on the Kardex (code FL). If not possible, I will keep it as is and it will be my new master key!

2/ Door key
    I have a pair of brand new cylinders with their own key. My ignition key can enter in these door cylinders, but obviously do not work.
    As the door keys and the ignition keys should normally be the same, I would like to "rekey" the door cylinders to work with the ignition key above.
    If impossible, as it seems to be difficult to disassemble the cylinders to align the small copper pistons, should I just file them when the ignition key is inserted?

3/ Front hood key
    I have a locker for the front hood (it is a Targa) that is original as the code on it matches the code on my Kardex (code SGxxx). I do not have any key for this lock.
    I am looking for original HUF SG Series keys => If you know someone.
    I am looking for someone to craft a new key with that code.

4/ Glove box key
    I have a locker for the glove box, but no key and no code on it. I have no clue if it is the original locker or not.
    I am looking for original DOM CC Series keys for the glove box. => If you know someone.
    I am looking for someone to craft the new key with the Kardex code (code CCxxx)? If it is not working, do you know if someone can "rekey" the cylinder to match the original key?
    If still not possible , is is possible to craft a DOM key that could match the current cylinder?

Hello Renaudtwingo YES you are correct...

May be Tony will be to file the Ignition and the doors cylinder, sent me the codes and I will sent you the key cuts pictures, I have Fl codes, CC codes and the SG codes. Find the Original keys is dificult and you need to stamp the codes in the keys to.

check https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...1&d=1697976463