Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Door and ignition cylinder / key service

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    This level of quality product should be kept under 'lock n key"
    Awesome workmanship Dan
    Hello Mark,
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

TWEETS Restorations -- For all of your key and lock needs
    DRROCKETDAN@gmail.com
    http://stores.ebay.com/type4andmore/
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/type4_plus/m......ipg=&_from=
    http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214952
    Memberships: 914World, 914Club, PelicanParts, TheSamba, Porsche356Registry, 912bbs

Anybody have a phone number for Tweets Restorations or Dan Roman? I sent a pair of '65 door handle lock cylinders for restoration to him in April and haven't been able to get him to answer my emails. Last correspondence from him was in May.

Quote Originally Posted by SKWIKY67 View Post
    Anybody have a phone number for Tweets Restorations or Dan Roman? I sent a pair of '65 door handle lock cylinders for restoration to him in April and haven't been able to get him to answer my emails. Last correspondence from him was in May.

Appears to have gone "quiet" on 356, 914 and Pelican. Not that a vendor should be out here every day waving his flag but it does give pause for concern when they don't answer a simple e-mail. Then there is this cryptic post on Pelican: https://forums.pelicanparts.com/10011523-post10.html

I hope all is well with Mr. Roman.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I just had my ignition lock repaired by Dan. It was quite mangled from a previous repair attempt. Dan's communication was good and he completed the repair quickly given the lock's sorry state. He handled my project well and I would definitely recommend his service.
    Last edited by mobius911; 11-07-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Jeff Jensen

Has anyone had recent dealings with Tweets ? I sent my door handles down in December and paid 50% January 5. Still waiting. Had an email over a month ago saying they would do it the following week. Nothing since, despite my many emails.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

His Ebay listings appear to be still active and current, use the "Contact seller" and see if he responds. https://www.ebay.com/str/type4andmore
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMick View Post
    His Ebay listings appear to be still active and current, use the "Contact seller" and see if he responds. https://www.ebay.com/str/type4andmore
    It’s now July and no contact for months despite repeated update requests. User beware.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Hello,
    I am not sure if Dan is still operating, but, on my 1969 911 Targa, I need to:
    - rekey my door cylinder, matching my ignition key (1st picture)
    - a new glove box key (my car did not come with it, but I am not sure if my lock is original with the car, as there is no number on the cylinder) (2nd picture)
    - a new key for front hood lock (same problem as the glove box, but there is a number this time and it matches my Kardex!) (3rd picture)

I am based in France, so if you know someone in France or Europe, it would be great!

Name:  IMG_2510[1].jpg
Views: 40
Size:  62.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2503[1].jpg
Views: 40
Size:  52.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2499[1].jpg
Views: 39
Size:  46.2 KB

Salut,
    Have you tried to contact Tony Euganeo? He does all this, has original blanks. I have been happy with my interactions with him, but I know he can sometimes take time to respond

Tweet flew the coop some time ago.
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.