Thread: European delivery 68-69 question

European delivery 68-69 question

You guys in Europe tend to get "the goods" before we get them here...or at least you did back then. Is it possible that Porsche built some 2.0 MFI engines in late 68? Is it possible that they were available in euro 68 as Porsche transitioned from the SWB chassis to the LWB chassis, and the engines transitioned from Webers to MFI? Maybe something came out of the "werks" area? No I don't have a mystery engine or chassis...seeking provenance, but I do have some ideas on a potential SWB "build", and I'd like to find some things out before I decide what direction to head.

I figure you guys in Europe probably already know the answer to these silly questions...

Speedo
    registry# 1283

911R like the one at Road Scholars?

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    911R like the one at Road Scholars?

Regards

Jim
    Didn't know about that one. I will look it up. Has there been a discussion here about the car?
    registry# 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Thanks Jim. Any other candidates? I am really curious about that period 68-69 since Porsche had a habit of using up (mixing and matching) parts when transitioning...a lot going on then, case alloys, wheelbase, webers to MFI, fuchs sizes.

Anybody on the board have MFI in a SWB car?
    registry# 1283

Nobody? Hmmm...
    High butterfy 2.5 SS in a SWB car... sounds like fun.
    This one probably ought to be done on a 911 chassis me thinks.
    registry# 1283

Here's the high butterfly...

Think I have the rest of the necessary MFI components...

http://www.rothsport.com/Products/En...terfly-MFI.htm

This slope is getting slippery...
    registry# 1283

Me again 69s row January 69 production date lwb mfi 2.0 .

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    Think I have the rest of the necessary MFI components...

http://www.rothsport.com/Products/En...terfly-MFI.htm

This slope is getting slippery...