Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luftgekühlt 2017 set for 1st weekend in May in L.A.

Luftgekühlt 2017 set for 1st weekend in May in L.A.

Last edited by smclaughlin; 01-16-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Ticket purchases available at the Luftgekühlt website:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/luftgek...ts-33315187623

General Admission - $20

Designated Air-Cooled Porsche Parking - $20

GENERAL ADMISSION
    All attendees will need to purchase a general admission ticket to enter the venue. Kids under 12 are free.

DESIGNATED AIR-COOLED PORSCHE PARKING

This year, we are featuring a designated parking area for air-cooled Porsches, on the corner adjacent to the venue.
    Registration for this designated air-cooled area is available on a first come, first served basis for $20 per car. Spaces are limited, and we expect them to sell out quickly.
    Designated parking is limited to pre-1998 air-cooled Porsches only. Please make sure your car fits these requirements or your registration will be rejected. No exceptions.

FREE GENERAL PARKING
    Regardless of what you drive, we have a large amount of free general parking this year. Rest assured you can arrive, park, and walk directly to the gate.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I will be driving in on Saturday from Phoenix and am trying to identify hotels nearby. The Crowne Plaza which is jut north of the venue seems to have covered parking accessed by pass. I have not yet spoken with the manager. The Hilton on the water only has a surface lot, but seems willing to set aside an area, given enough cars, and provide some sort of security. Is there anyone else interested in booking rooms. If so, i would be happy to try to get a block at one of the hotels and see if a group rate is available. If I could get some indication within the next 4 to 7 days about interest, i will take it from there

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044

I will also be driving in from out of town and would be interested in a block of rooms.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Nothing against San Pedro, but I'd probably be a little nervous leaving my 911 outside overnight. Long Beach has lots of hotels with underground parking near the marina (the LBGP racetrack area) - but depending on your budget, I would check out Terranea Resort. It is top notch and a short drive to the venue. Or stay in Orange County and hit the Enderle Center gathering Saturday morning and drive out to Luft4 early Sunday.

I was down for the SSF event at PECLA last week and the young lady at the event hotel also works at the Hilton in San Pedro. She told me that they would be happy to set aside parking in a more closely monitored area and that the local police are their "friends" and make frequent passes through the property.

I'd be interested in a group buy -- PM me if you're setting one up!

-- David

I have called the Doubletree where apparently there is only surface parking. The Crowne Plaza has what they described as secure parking. I will ring them again to confirm

My Inspiration

'97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

(finally got air cooled)

Just spoke with the Crowne Plaza sales mgr. They have what he described as secure underground parking. To get rooms blocked I need 10. Pls let me know how many might want to stay there. Hotel is about 1/2mi north of the event. Would like to know by end of day tomorrow

My Inspiration

(finally got air cooled)

I am in for one room.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

David- A handful of us from SoCal planning to attend are staying there so the more the merrier.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST