Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 64 911

You guys don't have to trust me, but the OP is a friend that owns a highly reputable restoration shop that generally focuses on 356's who is more concerned about hammering and welding than using internet forums. So, if the information is slow to come, just remember that not everyone is sitting at a desk with way too much time on their hands.

This is not a hoax or a scam, but a serious person wanting some substantive feedback from people who have some appreciation for 901 cars. I have seen the car (through photos provided by the OP) and I plan on looking at it in person this week.

Get your feathers smoothed back down and if you have anything to add to the conversation that's reasonable, please provide some information.

Car is rusty and has seen some damage to the front and rear over its lifetime. The drivetrain is #'s matching and has many of the 901 early features intact. Would be a total restoration candidate, and it is complete minus the rear deck and panel which were changed at some point due to the rear end damage.
    Last edited by oscillon; 02-07-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    1996 993 black/tan

Thanks Physics Guy. I may post some pics tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oscillon View Post

This is not a hoax or a scam, but a serious person wanting some substantive feedback from people who have some appreciation for 901 cars. I have seen the car (through photos provided by the OP) and I plan on looking at it in person this week.

Get your feathers smoothed back down and if you have anything to add to the conversation that's reasonable, please provide some information.
    I can only speak for myself and tell you my feathers and panties are firmly pressed. I was just having fun because it was a slow news day. (Obviously a lie since we now have The Provocateur in Chief in the WH. On it's BEST DAY Hollywood couldn't come up with a more entertaining sitcom!)

The good-natured, sophomoric heckling is also probably because anytime one of these "I found this car and trying to figure out what it's worth..." posts comes along it's easy to cast a jaundiced eye. Usually they are thinly veiled auctions. (And I'm betting this thread will become JUST THAT, whether there is intent or not on the OP's part.)

Seriously; your panel beater buddy has you to give him the 30k view of the market. As far as anyone else's opinion? As Hillary infamously stated: "What difference does it make??!!" The only opinions that really matter are those of living, breathing qualified buyers. Frankly I get bored of hearing good hearted know-some-of-it-alls spew forth numbers that have nothing to do with reality. Your friend made his pitch; now it's time to send pics to the qualified buyers who have contacted him. He will find out EXACTLY what the car is worth very soon.

That's all.

Looking forward to photos and some color.

deck lid ,rocker trim,rear bumper center panel,

I have been eagerly awaiting more response about this car. I have located another car with vin close to this one. It is complete and never crashed. It does have some rust.
    I would think this car should bring something in the $250-350k range.