Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sekurit glass on Carrera RS

Sekurit must have made thin glass for sure. If you look in PET for the rear glass, there is a part number for 2.7 RS rear glass. 911 545 102 01. (150 W), meaning single sage defroster, and then 4.2 mm. My rear glass measures right on the money at 4.2 mm.
    I just went out to the shed and measured a rear clear glass with NO defroster and it was 4.85. A regular rear glass from a 70, with 2 stage defrost and tinted was 4.75.

Hi Rick

At. The risk of a second visit to the shed what is the etching and DOT mark on the 4.2mm one you measured?

As I understand it if the importer country specification bundled two stage as standard or the end customer chose the option to have the dual stage defroster in the rear glass fitted was marked dot 51 so same as 73 TES.

Glass

There is a sticker over the glass marking so I can only take a shot from the back side. All my glass is marked the same except the windshield. So 2nd photo is the quarter window out side in case you can't read backwards.
    Keep in mind the Glaverbel only made front windshields, and rear quarter windows for Porsche.
    All other glass was Sekurit wether it was a lightweight, or touring.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

These are the ones that my father's

Name:  DSC_2751.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  81.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_2755.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  76.0 KB

Thanks for posting. Assume it is TES ?
    S

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Thanks for posting. Assume it is TES ?
    S
    Sorry, I do not understand the meaning of TES, I suppose you mean the model. It is a MY 1972 corresponding to a 911 S "modified" between 72-73 to S / T.
    Greetings

Yes 911 T / E or / S vs the RS model that has different glass
    . Sorry I wasn't more clear but you figured it out .thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    The standard glass has a different DOT code, DOT M51 vs DOT M89 of the thinner RS glass.

Steve, would you expect the thinner Sekurit glass on a M471 car for the descending windows?
    Here is a photo with thickness of my clear glass 1972 T coupe. The thickness of my glass is the same as the tinted glass in post #14. Also has the same markings as the RS in #17.
    Name:  20170304_115200.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  66.8 KBName:  20170304_115245.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  15.5 KB
    For reference the PET information similar to Rick mentioned previously for rear. Don't remember seeing this 4.2mm RS only distinction in the paper parts books in any of the several different 72/3 editions on my shelf, unless I missed it?

Measurement of first series M472 RS door window glass is shown below:
Views: 745
Size:  58.2 KB

Small sample size on this thread admittedly but fact of PET calling out 4.2mm RS part for Carrera 2,7 when taken together with earlier measurement postings here seems to confirm Andrea's first post question about RS having thinner Sekurit door glass fitted than the contemporary T/E/S.

The early M472 RS cars (not just those left in base RSH or converted to M471 configuration) kept their thin fragile Glaverbel front windshield -- but not the fixed Glaverbel rear quarter Windows.

Anyone have one of those thin genuine original Glaverbel front screens that's not currently fitted to a car that they could easily measure ?

What is the normal thickness of an original 72/3 windscreen vs those front windshield only-RS? Unlike other Carrera RS specific glass PET does not mention different version or thickness for those Glaverbel front windscreens nor do I recall it being listed separately I the original paper spare parts binders:
Views: 707
Size:  34.2 KB

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-11-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    Here's an example of the specific (?) 2,7 Carrera RS thinner glass. Can anyone confirm if this is Carrera Rs specific, as outlined in the Carrera Rs book?

From a 2.4S
    Attachment 412196
    Attachment 412198

2.7 carrera RS, very original car, VIN #6xx. The code on the glass is different.

Attachment 412199
    Attachment 412197

another very original 2.7 RS

Attachment 412195
    Hi Andrea,
    Sorry, I missed your tread before.

I can confirm thin glass code D89 on first series M471 too.