Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Received a call to inquire about my car....

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I get harassed on the street all the time, and sometimes nearly run off the road by people yelling out a window that I need to sell them my car. I've been called every name in the book for not being nice enough when telling people my car isnt' for sale, so I'm used to in-person harassement, but I recently received the following unsolicited email out of the blue from scott.wilson58@yahoo.com with mbz190slmember@yahoo.com copied. I don't have any cars for sale, and have to wonder how this guy got my email address. I responded asking both of them where they got my information but only got another plea to help them find cars for sale. Did anybody else get one?

Hello,

I apologize for my email. Bob Barret (here in copy of this email) referred me to you.

I restore and collect German cars with my brother in law Serge.

I'm looking to buy an early 50's to 80's Porsche 356/911/912/930.

I'm also interested on early 50's to 60's Mercedes.

I'm familiar with the restoration, i will consider any condition, you are welcome to come visit us and look at our collection.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    I got this one:

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:21 AM
    To: Paul Klein
    Cc: davewxk120@gmail.com
    Subject: Looking for a Porsche 356 - Ref David Williams

Hello,

I apologize for my email. David Williams (here in copy of this email) referred me to you.

I'm looking to buy a Porsche 356 Coupe or convertible.

I'm familiar with the restoration, so i will concider any condition.

Please let me know if you can help. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I wonder if Scott Wilson and Paul Klein are related. I'd trust Paul Klein more if he had a brother-in-law named Serge.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    I got this one:

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:21 AM
    To: Paul Klein
    Cc: davewxk120@gmail.com
    Subject: Looking for a Porsche 356 - Ref David Williams

Hello,

I apologize for my email. David Williams (here in copy of this email) referred me to you.

I'm looking to buy a Porsche 356 Coupe or convertible.

I'm familiar with the restoration, so i will concider any condition.

Please let me know if you can help. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I wonder if Scott Wilson and Paul Klein are related. I'd trust Paul Klein more if he had a brother-in-law named Serge.
    The Paul Klein email is normally a shill for BHCC, if you answer with a phone number Manos will call about 2 minutes later and start grinding you to sell him your car, he will make it the easiest thing you do all day...

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I sold an early Mustang last year. Not a high value car but I looked up the buyers name and address and found he lived in a VERY low income town in PA where homes go for as little as the cost of the car. dug a little further and figured out a well known dealer in NY has a side business paying finders fees to guys who will front him to keep the prices down.
    I was impressed by the dealers creativity and sold it to his front man anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I get harassed on the street all the time, and sometimes nearly run off the road by people yelling out a window that I need to sell them my car. I've been called every name in the book for not being nice enough when telling people my car isnt' for sale, so I'm used to in-person harassement, but I recently received the following unsolicited email out of the blue from scott.wilson58@yahoo.com with mbz190slmember@yahoo.com copied. I don't have any cars for sale, and have to wonder how this guy got my email address. I responded asking both of them where they got my information but only got another plea to help them find cars for sale. Did anybody else get one?

Hello,

I apologize for my email. Bob Barret (here in copy of this email) referred me to you.

I restore and collect German cars with my brother in law Serge.

I'm looking to buy an early 50's to 80's Porsche 356/911/912/930.

I'm also interested on early 50's to 60's Mercedes.

I'm familiar with the restoration, i will consider any condition, you are welcome to come visit us and look at our collection.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    I got this one today :
    Hello Kurt, I apologize for my email!
    Bob (here in copy in this message) referred me to You. I restore and collect German cars with my brother in law. I'm looking actually to buy an early Porsche 356 or 911 (up to the 90's), i will consider any condition.

Please let me know if you can help or advise.
    Thanks,
    Scott

The Bob in Cc was : mbz190slmember@yahoo.com

strange......

Me too. Same email today. Same people copied. Same decision to search this website to see if anyone else knows of it!

I've heard of something called a "Spider" program, never used one, where you can hack a website (like this one) and do an email blast out to their contacts. There is probably something way more sophisticated than what I'm describing, but you get the idea.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

BHCC. Hmm. Maybe I can scare him away to tell him I don't have anything that has holes from rust. Or maybe I can lead him on with some old convertible my dad had out back, not sure what it is, but it never seemed to rust and dad used to say something about spiders and four cans or something like that. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    BHCC. Hmm. Maybe I can scare him away to tell him I don't have anything that has holes from rust. Or maybe I can lead him on with some old convertible my dad had out back, not sure what it is, but it never seemed to rust and dad used to say something about spiders and four cans or something like that. Ha!
    If you really want to piss Manos off ask him what I asked him the last time he called me. I said, "Alex, are you sitting at a desk, in front of a computer?" He said yes. I said, "Well, get off your arse and find your own cars, I drove through a blizzard in PA to get this one, and I didn't do it so I could wholesale it to you!!!!" He has never called me again!

---Adam

Update, I replied that I could not help, and I got this answer :

Hi Kurt,
    Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.
    I'm not in hurry, please keep me in mind if you hear about any for sale.
    Sincerely
    Scott

sent from : Scott Wilson <scott.wilson1960@yahoo.com>

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    I've heard of something called a "Spider" program, never used one, where you can hack a website (like this one) and do an email blast out to their contacts. There is probably something way more sophisticated than what I'm describing, but you get the idea.

---Adam

Hello, a spider program consists of extracting (not hacking) from the web page itself, in this case, this forum, all readable emails from the posts. I've seen a lot of this around here and I see it as crazy. The process is such that at the end of the scan you have a BD of valid emails, after this, you will move on to the Spam campaign as it is happening to you!

*I notice that a personalized "phishing" campaign for each individual is very difficult to detect so be careful especially with the pdf that you get in the mail.
    After you publish your mail, you can go to a certain page / https://haveibeenpwned.com// and check if you have any password leaks. If you have it, you will find it and decrypt it.
    Please. Be very careful today.