Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Received a call to inquire about my car....

Late last summer got a letter from a guy in Florida (live in Nebraska) asking about my car and asked that I contact him if I had thought about selling. I did the search found he was legit so out of curiosity I called. He said had heard about my car at a show in Minneapolis. They guy was up front, informed and gave a name of a friend of his who worked for 1 of the big Auction Houses and if I was thinking of selling I should call his buddy.
    Strange things happen and it is a very small world. Who looks for these cars in Nebraska, so don't discount these encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    I have a certain Rare car that I have had under wraps since 1985. ( not a porsche or Ferrari) I took it to a car show in 1990 and got weird calls like this for 2 years. Car hunters (Blood suckers) are relentless chasers. I haven't showed it since and I don't tell anyone what it is or where it is. Kind of like Frank and the very quiet 901. Can't blame him a bit

Well I guess it's no longer a secret😵Lol

Guy call me the other with the same story about a friend of mine in LA he call me by my first name which I do go by except for as I like to say the only people that call me CHARLES are cops ,school teachers and bill collectors .
    I try not to talk to any of them , if they are using CHARLES.

Anyway He was fishing hard for a car.
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by CDOUGLEHMAN View Post
    Guy call me the other with the same story about a friend of mine in LA he call me by my first name which I do go by except for as I like to say the only people that call me CHARLES are cops ,school teachers and bill collectors .
    I try not to talk to any of them , if they are using CHARLES.

Anyway He was fishing hard for a car.
    You do have your phone number and email address in your signature!
    Nick

1971 2.2S, Bahia Red

Early 911S # 2534
    TYP901 # 264
    Porsche Club of NSW

Yes but not my first name.
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

Shift Knob Maker
    Yes but not my first name.
    3 seconds on google, just saying..

https://www.advancedbackgroundchecks...hman/128940832

Mark.

people can get your info. When you have nothing to hide it really does not matter. bTW that was my address in 2007
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

people can get your info. When you have nothing to hide it really does not matter. bTW that was my address in 2007
    You moved in 2012
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Everyone sells your name these days, even the people who say they don't and won't, info is the new currency.
    We can all look forward to the days when the market isn't white hot and everyone doesn't want our cars again, I just hope it happens once I clear my parking lot.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I received a call yesterday as well. I wasn't home so he left a voice mail message. Called me by my first name and said a buddy of mine told him I had a Porsche. Wanted me to call him back. Very vague as to what he actually wanted. Needless to say I didn't return his call.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI