Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cool Factory Photos circa 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    The rough outer is the same on the RS and RSR.....
    H
    really? I learned something today.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Here are some additional Porsche Factory Photos from 1971!

Charlie White
    Scottsdale, Arizona

http://derwhites356literature.com/Bi...11Porsche.html

http://derwhites356literature.com/Ne...1Porsche2.html

In the above photo, the license plate has a date code sticker just after the N on the top...
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Outstanding to see these Factory photos from '73!

Steve, the light colored RS is probably Light Ivory without side graphics. Not many had side scripts. Interesting to see the group of three Touring Carreras without side or rear graphics. Don't you wonder what the story is with these 3 cars? Also cool to see another RS with the rear spoiler raised and engine oil being added. Great stuff!
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

So late 1973 Light Ivory M472 RS 2.7, with a sunroof.
    Is it a fog light on the left of the registration number?
    Car delivered in Germany, certainly in Nürnberg according to the registration number.

Thank you for the pictures.

I have had a go at identifying it but so far come up short

I am not convinced it is light Ivory, could be GP white with the side decals not on or possibly light yellow. However If it is Nurnberg it may have been a Fa Hahn car from Fellbach. That would seem to be the closest main dealer.
    So I looked at all M472 cars delivered to 115 (F A Hahn) and then sorted them for colour and having a sun roof and a rear fog light.
    There was only one light ivory one with a sunroof (0277) but it did not have a rear fog light
    there were 4 GP white and blue cars but only 0884 an April car, had a sun roof and rear fog light. However it also had a rear wiper so that could not be it
    there were 5 GP white and red. only one (0500) had the rear fog light as well as the roof.
    there were 40 light yellow cars but only 2 had both a sunroof and rear fog light. (0733 and 1188 and April car)
    So IF it was a F A Hahn car there were only 3 to choose from.
    1188 had a lot of options including black PORSCHE lettering on the sides so that was probably ruled out.
    0733 had Head rests and sports seats L&R I cant really tell but it does not look to me that the car has head rests so maybe not. It also had a power antenna on the right and I am not sure if the photo would show it but i cant see evidence of one.
    0500 was a Jan 73 car and had a sports seat on the drivers side, retractable seat belts but no head restraints. It had the antenna on the left hand side and no other options except electric windows HOWEVER it has a Can AM decal and they did not get used until 2 March 1973 so that is ruled out.
    so more work i guess...... it may be 1188 without the PORSCHE on the sides (but it is on the rear). The date would stack up as it was an April car. Of the other options it had L&R head restrains and seat belts and a power antenna on the right so on balance I dont think it is that car which would rule out all F A Hahn cars

can anyone tell if there are headrests or sports seats in the car? I dont think so but it is hard to see. I think I can see seat belts but again am not sure. I cannot see an antenna on the RHS or any other distinguishing things
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

excellent Columbo work Hugh
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    I have had a go at identifying it but so far come up short

I am not convinced it is light Ivory, could be GP white with the side decals not on or possibly light yellow. However If it is Nurnberg it may have been a Fa Hahn car from Fellbach. That would seem to be the closest main dealer.
    So I looked at all M472 cars delivered to 115 (F A Hahn) and then sorted them for colour and having a sun roof and a rear fog light.
    There was only one light ivory one with a sunroof (0277) but it did not have a rear fog light
    there were 4 GP white and blue cars but only 0884 an April car, had a sun roof and rear fog light. However it also had a rear wiper so that could not be it
    there were 5 GP white and red. only one (0500) had the rear fog light as well as the roof.
    there were 40 light yellow cars but only 2 had both a sunroof and rear fog light. (0733 and 1188 and April car)
    So IF it was a F A Hahn car there were only 3 to choose from.
    1188 had a lot of options including black PORSCHE lettering on the sides so that was probably ruled out.
    0733 had Head rests and sports seats L&R I cant really tell but it does not look to me that the car has head rests so maybe not. It also had a power antenna on the right and I am not sure if the photo would show it but i cant see evidence of one.
    0500 was a Jan 73 car and had a sports seat on the drivers side, retractable seat belts but no head restraints. It had the antenna on the left hand side and no other options except electric windows HOWEVER it has a Can AM decal and they did not get used until 2 March 1973 so that is ruled out.
    so more work i guess...... it may be 1188 without the PORSCHE on the sides (but it is on the rear). The date would stack up as it was an April car. Of the other options it had L&R head restrains and seat belts and a power antenna on the right so on balance I dont think it is that car which would rule out all F A Hahn cars

can anyone tell if there are headrests or sports seats in the car? I dont think so but it is hard to see. I think I can see seat belts but again am not sure. I cannot see an antenna on the RHS or any other distinguishing things
    excellent Hugh. I can see plastic plugs in the upper part of the seats so imo no headrests. They look like standard seats.
    Registry member No.773

I tackled this from another direction - just looked at cars made after the start of March - ie from 0770 onward. I then pulled out all M472 cars in LHD that had both a sunroof and rear fog light. there were 30 such cars, most of which were German delivered.

Then I removed any cars that were obviously incorrect as they had rear crash bars, rear wipers etc. which this car does not taking it down to 22 cars.
    Then I removed all cars with headrests (as it does not look like this car has them). that left 5 cars: 0967, 1105, 1137, 1171 and 1298
    1298 was glacier blue - probably too dark a color for this car in the photo - was made in May 1973 and delivered via F A Hahn. It had no other options except retractable seat belts and front fog lights - so a possibility, but unlikely
    1105 was light yellow had sports seats and antenna on the right. the car in the photo does not have an antenna as from checking my car from a similar angle my right mounted antenna is clearly visible - so not that one
    1137 was gulf orange (too dark for this photo?) and tinted glass all around - so almost certainly not as the car looks a lighter color and glass does not tinted in the photo
    1171 was light yellow had L&R sports seats black PORSCHE side lettering and antenna on the LHS. So almost certainly not that one

Finally 0967 was light Ivory delivered through MAHAG Max Moritz in Munich and completed in April. It had "shoulder lap belts" ie non retractable which is possibly what is seen in the photo on the LHS and no other options - so ordinary seats and no head rests. My money would be on this being the car in the photo.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Previous mentions of the RS models depicted not having side graphics; was probably more common back in the day then generally known.
    As a reference, the back page photo from the 1973 USA Factory Brochure had an early RS and note no side 'Carrera' graphic. Also note the crude hand-done touch-up of turn signal lens edges and front grills to black.

Name:  1973 Brochure Back Page.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  384.2 KB
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548