Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1965 911 metal work restoration and paint.

How did you modify the later factory parts above the drivers side striker plates The "cup" instead of the "dish?" Also on the starboard side, from the photos it almost looks like the 72- dish for the oil door is present, but this would not typically appear on an SWB fender. Maybe it's a trick of the eye, the photo is a bit blurry.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    How did you modify the later factory parts above the drivers side striker plates The "cup" instead of the "dish?" Also on the starboard side, from the photos it almost looks like the 72- dish for the oil door is present, but this would not typically appear on an SWB fender. Maybe it's a trick of the eye, the photo is a bit blurry.
    i know the question was not asked to me but i went down the same road a few weeks ago.
    yes the swb quarter panels you can buy from porsche today have both a incorrect striker plate.
    also found on post 72 produced green primer SWB quarters:
    on the passenger side you can hammer and dolly to get it correct,
    on the driver side you eighter have a correct swb donor part or use the restoration design part.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LH B post detail

Name:  DSCN8169.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  58.1 KB

How many hours of work do you have in it so far?
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by The MetalSurgeon View Post
    LH B post detail

Name:  DSCN8169.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  58.1 KB
    not sure how early this car is but from your previous posts and what i could tell from the pics it looks like it should not have them( i could be wrong) .64 don`t have them my 350286+ 450760 also did not.

also the corner marked red is more pointed

rear end tear down for paint and rebuild