Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help ID these intake manifolds

help ID these intake manifolds

98mm tall. 45mm inlet 38mm outlet. weight ~ 26oz. (Ti.) PO indicates these were on a 906 & part numbers were shaved.
    input appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Basically they look a bit more like a 911R Intake Manifold for a 46IDA to a 38mm intake port but the boss where the steel rod for the throttle quadrant is missing which would more like a 906 but I have never seen a 906 manifold with the centre mounting bracket.

906 Intakes tend different due to the mid-engine and the throttle linkage mounting positions which you can see in these pictures.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/factory_...6_mag_manifold

Original magnesium 911R castings had the numbers shown below.

There were some aftermarket replicas made in Aluminium but I am not sure if they had the bosses.
    Last edited by chris_seven; 02-28-2017 at 10:02 AM.

thanks for the input. greatly appreciated. please disregard my statement above "(Ti.)" i was 2 cups low on coffee. that should have read "Mag."
    PM sent.
    1940 Mercury town sedan

A 906 manifold looks like this (I think it's one of Armando's pics)

Name:  $_1.JPG
Views: 529
Size:  25.6 KB

Bosses position explained by CHris.

I could almost swear I've seen these for sale , maybe maybe not , a pair of French guys at the swap in Anaheim last year
    the material appeared way to freshly machined for mag more like aluminum, and they were painted nearly exactly as these..
    They wanted I think $1800 at the time and swore they were original 911 R , well as I have an original set I was quite
    skeptical , and passed ..
    Looks like a set of PMO Early repros of R manifolds to me, are they for sale ?
    Thanks Bert

I also understood that Tilton may have made replicas in Aluminium and a Belgian Company used to offer them in either Aluminium or Mag.

I tried to buy some for about 3 years without success and finally made our own.

Quote Originally Posted by budge96 View Post
    I could almost swear I've seen these for sale , maybe maybe not , a pair of French guys at the swap in Anaheim last year
    the material appeared way to freshly machined for mag more like aluminum, and they were painted nearly exactly as these..
    They wanted I think $1800 at the time and swore they were original 911 R , well as I have an original set I was quite
    skeptical , and passed ..
    Looks like a set of PMO Early repros of R manifolds to me, are they for sale ?
    Thanks Bert
    the short answer is "probably". (not sure I can justify 46mm Webers for my project) @ 26 oz. and the color in the bore I'm pretty sure they're Mag.
    I'll have them on the table @ the Lit. Meet looking for more feedback.
    1940 Mercury town sedan

thanks for chiming in again Chris. on mine I also note the absence of a boss to support the bell crank linkage.
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    thanks for chiming in again Chris. on mine I also note the absence of a boss to support the bell crank linkage.
    Could that be because you have two right sides?
    registry# 1283

The original castings have a boss on both hands but it is only drilled on one side and this is what we have done with the replicas we have made.

It saves making 2 x patterns. which saves some of the initial cost.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/32116123