Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Alaska....a few questions.

Hello from Alaska....a few questions. 66 911

First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you for sharing all the knowledge and information you guys have accumulated over the years concerning these cars. I just found this website last night, and it has been extremely enlightening having a resource like this to find information concerning the early year 911's.

A little about me. My dad has owned a 1966 911 since before I was born (i am 37). It was the first car I ever drove, and is basically a member of the family. He bought the car in San Francisco somewhere around 1977, and drove it to Alaska where it has been ever since.

Anyway, this site is fantastic, I was able even to learn last night that my dad's car was one of the last car's built in 1965, but it is a 66 model year.

A couple questions I have that some of you guys can hopefully answer. Is there any company out there that makes reproduction original seats? I imagine finding some year correct seats would be extremely hard, so I am hoping that someone out there makes reproductions.

Also, my dad is always talking about wishing he had Weber carbs on his motor. But, in the browsing I did last night, it seems like the solex carbs are more desirable, is this true?

One more question, who is it that I contact with Porsche to order a COA. From what I understand, obtaining the kardex is pretty much impossible, but in that case, I would like to obtain a COA and give to my dad as a gift.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and insight, and I look forward to learning much more from you guys in the future.

Josh in Alaska
    1966 911
    Last edited by Alaskan911; 03-03-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Contact PCNA in Atlanta, GA for the COA:

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
    One Porsche Drive
    Atlanta, GA 30354
    770-290-3500

For reproduction seats you could talk to Stefan at GTS he could make you some sport seats that will work:
    http://classiccarseats.com/sports5700.php

Or put a WTB request here for original seats and have them reworked.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan911 View Post
    First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you for sharing all the knowledge and information you guys have accumulated over the years concerning these cars. I just found this website last night, and it has been extremely enlightening having a resource like this to find information concerning the early year 911's.

A little about me. My dad has owned a 1966 911 since before I was born (i am 37). It was the first car I ever drove, and is basically a member of the family. He bought the car in San Francisco somewhere around 1977, and drove it to Alaska where it has been ever since.

Anyway, this site is fantastic, I was able even to learn last night that my dad's car was one of the last car's built in 1965, but it is a 66 model year.

A couple questions I have that some of you guys can hopefully answer. Is there any company out there that makes reproduction original seats? I imagine finding some year correct seats would be extremely hard, so I am hoping that someone out there makes reproductions.

Also, my dad is always talking about wishing he had Weber carbs on his motor. But, in the browsing I did last night, it seems like the solex carbs are more desirable, is this true?

One more question, who is it that I contact with Porsche to order a COA. From what I understand, obtaining the kardex is pretty much impossible, but in that case, I would like to obtain a COA and give to my dad as a gift.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and insight, and I look forward to learning much more from you guys in the future.

Josh in Alaska
    1966 911
    Post wanted ad here and you will find original seats which are better then repops
    Do not touch your solexes or original air cleaner They Are like GOLD very valuable.
    Post want ad for Kardex needed and someone will PM you to get it for you. It is under $250.00 and worth every penny. Better than a COA in my opinion
    Please send photos of your car, vin number and engine trans numbers if you know where they all are. Vin is under the hood on the left by the smugglers box
    Engine number is to the right of the crank pully 6 or 7 didgits
    Trans number is on the bottom of the trans 6 digits and an example 901/1
    Cheers and welcome
    Very busy event week for Porsche so post after Tuesday for better results

Thank you guys very much for the advice. I will see if I can round up those numbers. As of right now, all I have is the vin number (303384), but I will work on finding the engine and trans numbers as well.

I will also see about finding some better pictures, but here are a few from a while back.

Last edited by Alaskan911; 03-03-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan911 View Post
    Thank you guys very much for the advice. I will see if I can round up those numbers. As of right now, all I have is the vin number (303384), but I will work on finding the engine and trans numbers as well.

I will also see about finding some better pictures, but here are a few from a few a while back.

Nice, was your Dad a Ted Nugent fan?
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Welcome Josh.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Beautiful car on the outside. Does it have a lot of rust? Is this Polo Red original? THe tag on the inside of the driver door will have the vin number and the paint code. Car is worth some duckets!

Haha, not that I know of. I think he was more on the hippieish side of things. Why do ya ask if ya don't mind me asking?

(I did see the Nuge play in Omaha about 16 years ago, that guy sure can play the guitar)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Welcome Josh.........
    Thank you Chuck, I really appreciate it and look forward to learning from you guys.