Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent acquistion USA 72T/E

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Paying 2000 dollars for cleaning dry ice is too purist for me. I understand that this process does not damage the vehicle at all and clean in places that are not normally reached but .... this you do because you will not dismount? The interiors look perfect !!
    Not purist just time efficient and if you mean by I will not dismount that I will not drive it your wrong.

The rest of the car was way better than the underneath now all on a level playing field.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Time capsule. Nice find Clyde.

Sure wish someone was making door seals like that.

Thanks Frank

+1 on the door seals mine are staying put no matter how bad parts are might try a cut and paste of the door seals sold by Marco Marinello to see if I can join them to either side of the bulge
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

More pics as requested and no I am not Hugh, Lone Ranger

Car is 100 original for mechanicals, MFI included and runs great wish all my MFI cars ran as well as this one does, guess it hasn't been mucked with and there in lies the story.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

and a few more, sports seats (thanks Earl) to replace BF Torinos which I always find too hard you tend to sit on them not in them like in the recaros.

Car has full books including a handwritten record of every petrol fill...so I suppose as the new custodian I have to keep it going, also has full ownership history

It also has all original carpeting, perfect floor, dash has one small crack sadly in usual place on the edge of the speaker grille perhaps Frank will feel sorry for me and slash the price of his dash
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Banned
    What a beautiful car. Exactly what was required to make it "legal" to drive down under?

Hey, Clyde . . .

I'm still amazed whenever one of these un-touched/time-capsule-type cars turn up

So --- how'd you find this, anyway? . . .

. . . you know ---------- The Story?

We Can Be Heroes

wonderful find Clyde! Congrats. Fabulous color too!

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    What a beautiful car. Exactly what was required to make it "legal" to drive down under?
    Hi Frank

Not that much to be honest, RHD headlights and rear seat belts then all good to go as all it has to do is meet Australian Design Rules of the day which were pretty so so in 1972.

We used to have to have sign in the rear window advising of LHD but that law has long gone for classic cars thankfully

Also required to install a new dash....can you help?
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I'm not understanding the bit about door seals. Was that a joke or are they actually not making the original style door seals anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gearby View Post
    I'm not understanding the bit about door seals. Was that a joke or are they actually not making the original style door seals anymore?
    Original style Door seals have not been made for years there is a half decent reproduction now but it does not include the bump area hence is ineffective.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6