Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hazet

I have four of these Hazet Assistents all are pre 73 but some older than others. Two are small "a" Hazet so prior to 65 when I'm told the Hazet script changed. However one of the two with small "a" has a much flatter area of the top tray than the other. If there are Hazet Assistent vintage experts here what year did the the top silver tray get a deeper profile in area beside the holes for uprights side dished areas? I suspect the flatter one is earliest -- probably older than me.

I might need to take this anorakish question to another forum with a garage tool focus but wondered if the detailed knowledge of these iconic toolboxes is already here given they are strongly associated with early Porsche / VW workshops.

Steve

Hazet-Kataloge 1930-1992

Scans of past catalogues...
    https://www.hazet.de/de/katalog-historie#

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Dug into it on the Samba and a Garage forum ...fifties so a 356 era rather thany early 70s 911. In 54 when the Assistent was launched the top shelf was a flatter shape but had two black knobs. The flatter one of mine has its original black and green knob so likley later half of 50s. So it is older than me.

The picture I posted previously in post 15 above appears to be the flatter shallower type of to shelf

Attachment 516232

My small "a" 804 toolbox that's seen a bit of action in
    over half a century of use but is still going strong

Hard to tell but from the similar cantilever design and curved handle on box on the workshop maybe it is a Hazet 804 in this photo of what appears to be 1967 911R of Larousse taken around may 69 at the Targa Florio.

Screenshot_20200222-191907~2.jpg
    IMG_20200221_113518.jpg
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-22-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Hazet

It might be nice, after three years, to include a few tools in this thread.
    From the 1970s...

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Hazet

1000 Nm

DSCN1506.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

I bought some early Hazet tools for my VW a few years back, even then it was becoming a bit of a sub culture.

Since reading your post I have revisited...…….wow, some serious money for the small "a" stuff now.

Chris, I too just have old Hazet stuff for hobby use as i don’t earn a living spannering but the different shape of that particular assistent suggesting it might be from among earliest few years examples following circa 1954 introduction of the distinctive work rollcart intrigued me. My car is from 72/3 so the small “a“ era Hazet has no particular significance in my hobby workshop. Maybe it and my small “a” tools fit better to fifties VW or 356 owner garage. Found good stuff about the subject on other forums. Seems restoring toolboxes / assistents is a thing! Jeez even they are over restored in some cases. Having spotted the flatter shelf design detail the post was to get input as I’m not a tool anorak. Not decided but I might thin things out as don’t really need four assistents and small “a” things probably would be first to go to a relevant home if I ever get around to it.

The shallow profile ( essentially flat) of the top tray in the earliest examples are clearly visible in this photographs for those familiar with the Assistents. Different from early 60s when the hump area around the cutouts for the supporting uprights changed to be deeper with a humped profile. (Compare to post #17)
    Screenshot_20200223-220248~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-220306~2.jpg

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-23-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spell check changes the name to Hazel and assistant

Part of my selection of 3/8 drive ratchets. My Hazet ratchet rarely gets used.

Jim
    PS: Truth be told, none of them get used as much as they should.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hazet box end wrench set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hazet

That's an excellent series of wrenches, Jim.
    Here's a ratchet from the 356 era...

DSCN1518.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA