Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gerace Porsche Mastercraftsman has Passed.

So sad to hear this news. My condolences to Marco, Lois and the family.

Tony will be missed.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Don't know what to say, a void that will never be filled. 1st class family.

I Too heard yesterday about 5.... I was holding out that Tony could beat this.... Just so very sad right now....been going thru years and years of old Rgruppe and track side photo's of Tony all last night and a couple hours so far this morning.....

Here's the one that brings back a lot of great memories, Me and Tony solving the world's problems.....

God Speed my Dear Friend.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Our own Cool Tony....

Very, very Sad....many good times over the years and Tony will still be with us ...his crisp to the point comments will "pop up" from time to time...I think of Tony everytime my "S" is up "on the cams"...OK, so now we'll have fun with Marco and Lois and Marco's new family...as Chuck said...We'll tell Carson.../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

That's one GREAT picture Lars !!!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

As much as you thought you knew Tony... he'd always suprise'ya with stories and deeds...

One of the first times I was at the Gerace's for a party... the music changed, Tony put on his smooth soled loafers and started dancing the jitterbug with Lois so cool like only a couple that have been dancing partners forever could do ...

From under a car, to on the dance floor.... and everything in between... what'a dude
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 03-21-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

What a loss, too soon. Lois & Marco, you are in my thoughts.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    That's one GREAT picture Lars !!!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck, totally agree.

Tony and Marco have helped me in so many ways. The first time I met them, they made me feel as if I was a family member.

Tony and Lois are an inspiration in grace and kindness.

I miss him already.

Dan

I met Tony for the first time about 2 years ago.
    We must have B.S. for about 2 1/2 hours that day.
    Marco asked me "Where did I knew him from?"
    I told him "I have never met him before in my life."
    Real easy guy to talk too.
    His smile and laugh will be missed.

Bernie

For over 40 years I knew Tony, starting back in 1975-6 when he worked at Merlin Olsen Porsche in Encino. He was at our wedding in 1984 and we were at Marcos Bar Mitzvah….

Back in 1986 when I told Tony my wife was pregnant with our first… Tony said… "You know that is for LIFE"… I have stolen and used his remark hundreds of times…

I stopped by the house a few weeks ago during his 2nd round of treatment and spent over an hour Bulsh!ting and remembering the old days… Tony was feeling pretty good then and he had a great outlook… Two weeks ago he told me he had a scan and he got a great report from the Dr, he was doing pretty well.

Then things went down hill… His MFI pump started to leak and his fuel pressure dropped and he was down on power. Then one of Tony's timing chain tensioners failed and internal parts were colliding but Tony was still running strong on a few cylinders for a while.

A few months ago after his first round of treatment when he was feeling good and strong I took him and Lois to Montys his favorite Steak House. He was supposed to reciprocate… Looks like the SOB has figured out a way to cheat me out of a steak dinner! :-)

17 years ago Tony was sitting next to me in my 73 S Targa on a Solvang Stomp when my 180MPH Speedo indicated 160+MPH and the tach was showing shifts at over 8,500RPM!

Another time Tony was sitting Shotgun when we were in my Original 427 Cobra (CSX3127) that Tony built the 427 Medium Riser motor for…

At 6AM On the then brand new Semi freeway we were going just a "little bit" over the posted speed limit. Only 120MPH over! Tony was calm as can be even at nearly 180MPH and he did not say "BOOO" ( Boo… Remembering a common Tony saying)

Tony, Buddy I say SCREW RIP!!!…

Do what you always loved to do and make "God Speed" go even FASTER! Teach the big guy up there how it's done.

I am currently on vacation Scuba diving on remote islands in the South China Sea… Hope to be back in time for the memorial…

Jeff Mohr
    Last edited by execmalibu; 03-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.