Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch out the PCA owns the word "Treffen" and I got a cease and desist

Watch out the PCA owns the word "Treffen" and I got a cease and desist

To promote the good will within the Porsche community the PCA or Porsche Club of America has decided to go after my little "Treffen" with a cease and desist for using the word Treffen. According to the 356 Registry magazine it's the "best little car show you have never heard of" (I have until April 15th to stop using Treffen so let's see how many times I can use the word before then Treffen....Treffen....Treffen). I started the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen twelve years ago with and idea of uniting Porsche's and VW's which is rarely ever done then decided to have a contest between friends to name our little gathering and hence the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen was born. Since our humble beginnings of 14 cars we have grown to 200 cars with great mix of VW's and Porsche's all hanging out and having a good time with NO trophies and NO judging. But now that will have to change because the word Treffen is trademarked by the PCA and I can no longer use it. The word Treffen has been used by all kinds of car shows all over the USA and in Europe because it simply means "meeting or gathering. Trademarking the word Treffen is like trademarking the word "hello" and I just don't get it.

I just think this is a terrible way to unite us all as Porsche owners,
    Michael "Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche TREFFEN" Rogers

TREFFEN TREFFEN TREFFEN!
    Last edited by 55Outlaw; 03-30-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1971 911T Targa/gold metallic
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833
    https://www.facebook.com/Nor-Cal-Vin...9809110032975/

Are you kidding me? Treffen treffen treffen treffen Can bite me

I would love to see this challenged in a court of law. "Your honor, how can one possibly copy write a known word of a known language?"

The problem is who do you think has more money and lawyers! I barely break even every year and do it for fun.
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833

Here is a link to what I found about their trademark

http://www.trademarkia.com/treffen-73346368.html
    Michael Rogers
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833

Wow, they should trade mark it in Germany too!

So I just got off the phone with Vu Nguyen Executive Director of PCA and he won't let me use the word Treffen. I urge everyone to call this guy and let him know that the PCA is doing nothing but destroying something that is not hurting the PCA in anyway.

Treffen! Treffen! Treffen?
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 03-30-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    Michael Rogers
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833

He assured me that they are going after anyone that is using that word in the USA or anywhere else.
    Last edited by 55Outlaw; 03-28-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Michael Rogers
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833

I am going to trademark the word fiesta in that case. S

Change the entire title to German language Nord Kal Luft Treffen. No mention of cars could be aeroplanes. What about the word parade or autocross what a crock. They cannot trademark the German language.

Yeah call the NCT the norcal aircooled parade. See if they try to stop you from using parade; the PCA's grand event each year.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club