I have a 1971 "S" version coupe but the car has received a new nose including chassis number. The chassis number is a "T" targa version. This was done by experts. I bought it a long time ago as a running car but is a bare body without paint now. All the welded joints are clearly visible. I took some measures on the chassis. It is straight as an arrow. All dimension within spec. Point is, I don't know what to do with it. The car is my dreamcar but the non original chassis number makes it totally worthless. And this is what bothers me. Compared to many restoration projects my car has 90% of the bodyparts as it came from the factory and 10% original parts put on later (sills etc). Other projects are 10% as it came from the factory and 90% new panels.
There is no point in trying to make it original so it can be a project car. Make it my personal 911. But I need some inspiration. I don't want the fancy trim parts and I don't want to make another Carrera RS lookalike. Any good ideas? Pictures that can give me the inspiration I need?