Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1965 Survivor Ur 911 Barnfind in the Netherlands #3009XX #

1965 Survivor Ur 911 Barnfind in the Netherlands #3009XX #

Thought most of the Porsche cars are nowadays found or restored and hidden cars in Barns you could still expect in large countries were many cars has been sold in the past.
    Never expected to find an early survivor 911 1965 in a small Country like the Netherlands even in an untouched state with most original details in place! Webasto heater complete and in place an tinted windows as a option. With only 54200 Miles reading on the odo.
    This car for sure started his live in California ,of course this is why there is almost no rust , but in 1986 it was on the US road for the last time indicated the number plate sticker . In 2004 the car was shipped to the Netherlands and the new owner want to build a FIA circuit racer of this 1965 Porsche.

Time passed and plans changed the car was waiting in a nice dry shed but mice lived in the interior and loved the old Recaro fabric and papers that were inside the car. The owner diced that it was time to sell and never made his plans alive for this early car , no rubber on the track or spinning wheels for this car, no lightweight exterior and interior and no safety cage with 4 point harness. A PITY ? NO , how is it possible to find a matching car untouched for so many years a number matching 6 cylinder boxer with central lubrication , Solex carburetors , original air filter housing etc etc you can only dream of !! And mostly this will be a dream forever !

There is another pre for such a car there will never be a discussion if everything is original and not a 912 in new outfit !?

The car is accident free all inner panels are straight and even the bottom and sills are hard and not welded in the past of the cars live.

Now a new problem exist for the common new owner in future what to do or HOW TO RESTORE ?

Leave the car in his barn find existence and store it over the new common years ( it will be a better investment than money on a Bank)

Start a bolt and nut restore to concours condition or ----------

Do some technical work to make it drivable , get the engine alive with all necessary care, and do some spot repairs on the body and paint and do some interior repair work on Recaro chair fabric and have fun with it with a car that tells every interested Porsche freak all the years of its live behind and in all its patina the quality of a 52 year Porsche car.

It is a statement that a car only once is factory original and this is hard or even impossible to imitate afterwards.

This very fresh SURVIVOR will be showed on the common German Dinslaken festival May 1 2017

The common Dutch owner is not sure if he will keep this unique German quality car and is taken realistic biddings in consideration.

Probably this was the "only once in a live time " find in my live . And I am lucky to share this with you.

pictures from the car will follow
    Attached Images Attached Images  

911 survivor 1965

More photo s of this find.

Banned
    Nice.

Ever consider writing romance novels?

However your dancing imagery clashes with the engine lid grill and other pics. My senses are overwhelmed with confusion and pessimism. Looking forward to more BS soon.

Photo 911 1965

There are indeed some non original parts on the car like engine deckled , bumper overriders and head lamps but these parts are easy to attach. So lets say 95 % original is not bad in my opinion for his age.

in my world a repainted car is not untouched --this fact would make the "what to do" decision easy ---if it would be mine.
    wonder about some very early details on this car.

Am I to assume you started this thread in the "For Sale" section because you are wanting to sell it? If so, cool.....How much?
    I assume not John, now moved over here...

If it was for sale it would have a stated price as our rules demand....

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...efore-you-post
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hope you get a nice surprise under the steering wheel `protective` cover!....cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Hope you get a nice surprise under the steering wheel `protective` cover!....cliff
    looks like rust on the wheel to me