Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agreed Value/Total Loss

I really appreciate your gift, I had noticed that book had just come out and figured it was one to add to my collection. I had heard of a misfortune that weekend and from the description feared it might have been you,,,,sorry to hear that was the case.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

You might check the information at www.directdv.com.

Interpretation of an insurance policy on the face is very difficult. Even for attorney. For example "like kind and quality". There is a great deal of disagreement between what an insurer may call LKQ and what you may agree. LKQ includes used parts. In most states, you have the choice. Another is "we determine the value". Yes, initially because that is their job, and they make an offer. In most states you have the right to all the information an insurer uses in valuing a claim; the cost of repairs, the pre loss market value, the post damage market value and salvage value. In most states, regardless of what the policy implies (a policy may not be ambiguous, but is)you have rights to dispute. It can become a quagmire, but know your rights, including demanding an appraisal. Of everything.

Agents are employees or contractors of the insurance company and sell insurance. Remember that.
    Last edited by ETexSpeedo; 04-29-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Roy Smalley
    member 877

Another threade . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...5061-A-sad-day

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

ET - Not all agents are employees of an insurance company.

An independent insurance agent typically represents a number of insurance companies.This agent collects a commission from each policy they sell and they do not collect a salary from the companies they represent.

For instance the folks at Hagerty are employees of Hagerty. Hagerty is not an insurance company. The same is true of Grundy and NCM insurance.

If you purchased your policy through an independent agent it’s their responsibility to represent you before the insurance company. You should expect that this insurance agent will act as the intermediary between you and the insurance company.

If you purchased your policy directly from a standard insurance company you’re sort of on your own. You have to plead your own case to the insurance company. A company such as State Farm is used to simply going to the Crash Book and calculating the cost to repair the car. There is no such book for a 1954 Austin Healey 100M.

Richard Newton
    Last edited by Richardnew; 05-02-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Brokers are only as good as the company they represent.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Another factor to consider is that a company such as Grundy and Hagerty write a huge number of policies. They're rainmakers. An insurance company is going think twice before they screw over Hagerty or Grundy.

You and I - not so much.

My newest column in Vintage Motorsport magazine goes into all of this in more detail.

Richard Newton

UUUGH THat is a terrible site properly insured or not. Sorry for your loss. I would break down and cry I think