Brand New RSR For Sale

Incredible find for someone.
    http://www.rmsothebys.com/ve17/villa...caa464&urlid=0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    . . . Incredible find for someone.
    http://www.rmsothebys.com/ve17/villa...caa464&urlid=0 . . .
    '. . . 1993 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.8

Chassis no. WP0ZZZ96ZPS496107
    Engine no. 63R80551
    Gearbox no. 2000575

* Only 10 kilometres; completely original and as-delivered
    * Still covered with the factory-applied Cosmoline
    * Special-order Polar Silver over Can Can Red leather
    * One of two race-derived RSRs with a fully trimmed interior
    * One of only 51 Carrera RSRs produced

Imagine that as a die-hard Porsche fanatic, you wish to have the fastest and wildest 911 that the factory has to offer—a car that can handily compete on the track right out of the box. The choice is obvious: a new Carrera RS, or better yet—and faster still—the fully race-prepared Carrera RSR. You contact Porsche, and with considerable means, special order such a 911 to your own unique specifications. However, once delivered and with only 10 kilometres recorded, this limited-production 911 vanishes into a private collection, where it remains untouched and never driven for almost 25 years, still covered with its factory-applied Cosmoline coating.

The exclusive Type 964 Carrera RSR, of which only 51 examples were built, was the Turbo-bodied racing version of the Carrera RS. It was fitted with a 3.8-litre type M64/04 RSR-specific engine. This dry-sumped, single-ignition powerplant developed an impressive 350 horsepower and 284 foot-pounds of torque, all fed through an uprated five-speed manual transaxle. Unbiased reviewers viewed those official numbers as very conservative. A more realistic figure, they declared, was at least 375 horsepower. Car and Driver magazine produced a 0–60 mph result of 3.7 seconds, quicker than a Ferrari F40.

Ever dominant, the RSR racked up stunning race results from the outset, winning overall at the Spa 24 Hours, Suzuka 1000 KM, and 24 Hours of Interlagos. There was also a class victory at Le Mans, a 1-4 class sweep at the Daytona 24 Hours, and another class victory at Sebring.

Interestingly, this all-original example was special-ordered and delivered with numerous creature comforts (compared to the stripped down race cars). The RSR was specified with Polar Silver Metallic paint and trimmed in Can Can Red leather, including the competition seats (whose rear panels were painted body colour), headliner, upper and lower dashboard, steering column and steering wheel, door caps, and even the bolt-in roll cage. The carpeting and six-point Schroth racing harnesses were colour-matched, while the silver-faced instruments were surrounded with silver-grey leather, as were the door pulls. The battery master switch mounted in the front trunk compartment can be operated from the driver’s seat. The centres of the wide Speedline three-piece wheels were ordered in Amethyst Metallic, while the callipers for the huge disc brakes are painted a contrasting gold.

RM Sotheby’s is thrilled to offer this magnificent 964 Carrera RSR 3.8 in unused condition, just the way it was completed by the factory. With only 10 kilometres, this exceptional and ultra-exclusive Porsche is thoroughly and absolutely original . . .

Ah-yes, veeery nice --- but . . . . does it run?

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

seriously, why not clean that mess? does "barn patina" add value to something like this is purported to be?
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

What the hell do you do with the thing? Can't even breathe on it or you'll ruin the "patina".

I think that's the shipping cosmoline on the paint surface.... mixed with dust

if its still on there I'd be worried it may have effected the paint..... its not designed to stay applied for 25 years!

Justin

All the $ in the world couldn't convince Porsche to build something this crazy today. These cars and the later GT2s were the end of an era in more ways than one.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

When did Porsche ever apply Cosmoline (I don't recall the correct German brand) to an upper painted surface? It's a nightmare to remove which is why it was used on chassis components. Dealer prep would take weeks...makes no sense to me that the factory would apply anything to pristine paint.

such an amazing find!

I would have to pop the cherry and drive it. Alot!

I put it at $1,000,000.00 minimum.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

Banned
    1M won't even cover the deposit.

I believe the final amount will stagger the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    1M won't even cover the deposit.

I believe the final amount will stagger the imagination.
    The few we've worked on traded hands for more than 1M and those cars had commas in the mileage.

I'm with Frank on this one. Minds = blown.

To me this car is such a dichotomy. Full-house leather interior (with leather covered roll bar) but equipped with a fuel cell, air jacks, no air cleaner, no A/C, etc. To me, this car is like a cafe racer ... built for looks, built for speed, built for about 5-10 minutes of street use at a stint.

I think it's brilliant.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687