Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFI repair shop?

MFI repair shop?

Please let me know of a place in Calif. that can rebuild my MFI pump.

Thanks,

Stephen

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I don't personally have an MFI car, but my understanding is the go to guy is Gus Pfister at

Pacific Fuel Injection
    153 Utah Avenue
    South San Francisco, CA 94080

(650) 588-8880

There was a thread here almost a decade ago: Recently visited Gus Pfister @ Pacific Fuel Injection!
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Thanks, perfect!

You may find that Gus is more than a little back-logged, in which case you should contact Mark Jung at MFI Werks in Seal Beach, OR at (541) 563-3702, www.mfiwerks.com. Mark does very high quality werk.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by lopena View Post
    You may find that Gus is more than a little back-logged......
    .....I had the pleasure of visting Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection on Monday who has just finished another 2.7/2.8 RSR race spec pump for me in double quick time. The first pump he built for me was perfect straight out of the box.

Gus kindly showed me around his shop explaining what he does, he doesn't try to reinvent the wheel and builds to Porsche specs and standards.

He proudly showed me a letter and print he received from Porsche as a thank you gift for the work he had done on the factory 917 MFI pump that is now in the Porsche museum.....

....rightly so ......an incredible old school genius and legend, I truly doubt there's anyone better.

I'll never go anywhere else

Cheers,

How did you jump the line...
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Recommissioned 69 911S for a friend. Ultimately turned into bare tub restoration including engine rebuild. Fuel tank was full of rust, transfer pump NG and thinking it would make sense to get MFI and injectors bench tested and repaired if necessary. Looking for current recommendations on qualified shops, preferably in NE. (will ship if best option)
    TIA
    Mark - Easton, CT

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mspeyser View Post
    Recommissioned 69 911S for a friend. Ultimately turned into bare tub restoration including engine rebuild. Fuel tank was full of rust, transfer pump NG and thinking it would make sense to get MFI and injectors bench tested and repaired if necessary. Looking for current recommendations on qualified shops, preferably in NE. (will ship if best option)
    TIA
    Mark - Easton, CT
    Matt Blast of Eurometrix eurometrix.ws in Prepperell [sic], MA rebuilds MFI throttle bodies. If there's someone in New England to rebuild the pumps he'd probably know. Nebraska, maybe not.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

911S MFI rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    Matt Blast of Eurometrix eurometrix.ws in Prepperell [sic], MA rebuilds MFI throttle bodies. If there's someone in New England to rebuild the pumps he'd probably know. Nebraska, maybe not.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll give him a call. BTW - CT, not NE