Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Barnyard Find

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Since you removed that no good sugar scoop, look for the 3 digit last numbers of vin in the fender buckets? THere will also be three digit numbers on many panels. you can determine if you have some OG metal. Not all original metal was stamped with vins but this is a good start.
    Looks to have 4 screw horn grilles so there is a chance.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

I would think, with just a few good sources, all exterior parts could be located and purchased.
    bumper gards, rocker panel deco, USA headlights, outside mirror, aluminum steering wheel, if needed for this late `er `65`. These are what I see in error/missing at first glance. Would like to see some interior pictures; just because we all like pictures.....cliff
    Are the wheels all date matched for the 65`? (that would be nice)
    Last edited by Cliff; 06-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I would think, with just a few good sources, all exterior parts could be located and purchased.
    bumper gards, rocker panel deco, USA headlights, aluminum steering wheel, if needed for this late `er `65`. These are what I see in error/missing at first glance. Would like to see some interior pictures; just because we all like pictures.....cliff
    Are the wheels all date matched for the 65`? (that would be nice)
    Try to find as many good used original parts as you can, and have those restored. Avoid repro as with most repop parts it is easy to spot. Car deserves it.

~J~
    air cooled only

Although there are a few inaccuracies, you should get Johnson's book on the early 911/912's. You will be delighted and informed.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Although there are a few inaccuracies, you should get Johnson's book on the early 911/912's. You will be delighted and informed.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Well, I hope that I will be able to demonstrate that it is not enterely true in the next weeks.
    Sadly, no early 911 is involved.
    Please have a look here:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...371#post931371

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I'm sure you're overwhelmed by just starting to sort out all the stuff needed but there is currently a complete Solex carburetor set in the classifieds: Solex 40pi, Pierburg Fuel Pump, Air Cleaner / Airbox, w/Crossbar linkage - Set.

A spare Pierburg fuel pump wouldn't be such a bad thing to have.
    Last edited by NeunElf; 06-24-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

I just got the CoA from PCNA and they certified it as a 1965 to match the Kardex which I already had.

I know the Kardex is more determinant but I'm happy to have it validated through the CoA.

And now I know what the original options were.

I'm not French, I'm just pissy

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    I just got the CoA from PCNA and they certified it as a 1965 to match the Kardex which I already had.

I know the Kardex is more determinant but I'm happy to have it validated through the CoA.

And now I know what the original options were.

Can't complain about having Both documents but the Kardex had all of this info on it!

Hi,

So after a great deal of thought and deliberation, I decided that I am going to try to sell this car as is, and avoid the restoration process. It's not that it won't be a worthwhile and interesting venture to do a full concours restoration, it's just that I don't really have the patience for it. If it were my childhood dream car or if I were as passionate about these vehicles as this community is, I would take it on ... but I am not so hopefully it will go to someone who will enjoy and appreciate its restoration and ownership a lot more than I would.

I'll throw it up on BaT in the next few weeks, but before I do and because you have all been so helpful, I thought I would mention it here so that the members have a crack at it first ... so if anyone here is interested shoot me a PM. If for some reason it doesn't sell then I'll just store it indefinitely and revisit it in a few years.

Thanks

PS. I hope it doesn't break any forum rules that I mention on this thread that the car will be for sale. If it does please delete this post. Thanks.
    I'm not French, I'm just pissy