Thread: Car Transport Services

Car Transport Services

I have read a number of posts on this topic, but hoping to get some current info. Looking for transport of a 78 911SC from Oahu (HI) to Virginia. Two recommendations I have seen are:

Intercity Lines (although website indicates they ship continental US)
    TOTALCAREtrans.com (all 50 states)

Any recent experience with either one and any other ones to consider? Appreciate any comments/thoughts.

Thank you,

Steve

I have probably had a dozen carriers deliver and pick up cars at my home...have used PASSPORT a number of times and most recently PLYCAR for a Oregon to Virginia delivery all with excellent results. RELIABLE is another one to consider. INTERCITY is well known and a quality transport as well...just have not used them. No knowledge of TOTALCARE.

Name:  IMG_0743.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  109.4 KBDon't know about Hawaii, but my car is currently being transported from Pennsylvania to California and then back again by Daniel of D&D transport 916-710-4026; he is based out of Phoenix. Easy to work with, fantastic to talk to. He is NOT a broker...he is a small business owner with his own truck.
    Some others on the board here can vouch for him also. When I'm home, I'll post some photos of the truck.

Photo of Daisy and the truck in LA yesterday
    Last edited by Veronica87911; 06-02-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Thanks for the responses. Few ship from Hawaii, so the choices are narrow. Makes it easier, I guess.

Steve

I've used Intercity a few times and have always had a great experience. They weren't cheap - but the cars were inside an enclosed trailer and the driver used great care in loading etc... (I have also used a cheap service that had the car outside and parked under leaky vehicles - it arrived dirty and with a dead battery and other issues)

You do NOT want a broker. You want someone who actually owns a truck.

Name:  Transport+4w.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  266.0 KB

Richard Newton
    Shipping

Passport Transit. Bob Pass has opened his high touch service again, after selling his first to FedEx. Great service, good pricing. No affiliation. They transported my 911 from Historics week in Carmel to Scottsdale delivered as promised and cleaned

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044