Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kardex, COA and a 3rd type

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Probably a dealer invoice from the factory, like this...

Attachment 424425
    Cool, from Holland!

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Maybe a year-and-a-half/two years ago, someone showed-off some kind of Porsche build-sheet --- not the Kardex (warranty)

Gotta find that post, again
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...970-car-wanted

Post #5, member HughH references his previous posting of a 72 or 73 build sheet. I've been unable to locate the post he's referencing.

Don't forget that to make the microfiche you need the paper copy to photograph. The microfiche is a backup copy of the original. Nowadays we just have digital images; a whole filing cabinet worth on a CD.

There is also the Fahrzeug-auftrag or Vehicle-order. Very hard to obtain and apparently expensive. Normally only the cover sheet is seen. This was a full record shown by a tour guide.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

The picture that Dave posted is what I was referring to although this is a close up of the first page on another one.
    the RS book has a number of them pictured for different RS's and I think that is what I posted originally

I think I have 2 or 3 different copies of that full sheet that Dave just posted (but unfortunately none for posting on the web)
    Name:  New Picture.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  93.2 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Fahrzeug Auftrag

Dave's + Hugh's posts look to have the doc that I remembered --- those colored parts come to mind

This Fahrzeug Auftrag = 'vehicle order' seems to have exactly the sort of details that a Kardex would --- I'm noticing the option numbers

And? --- since there's no 'customer details' showing . . . you'd think there would be no 'privacy' issues w/ Porsche releasing these, eh?

Great stuff, You Guys!

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Don't forget that to make the microfiche you need the paper copy to photograph. The microfiche is a backup copy of the original. Nowadays we just have digital images; a whole filing cabinet worth on a CD.

There is also the Fahrzeug-auftrag or Vehicle-order. Very hard to obtain and apparently expensive. Normally only the cover sheet is seen. This was a full record shown by a tour guide.
    Great. I have only seen covers of this kind of document. What is it on the others pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    it all depends... never say 'can't'
    Hmm, kinda strange that there is a Kardex available for 9110300991 but not for my 9110300114...
    Not that I would really need the Kardex itself but at least I'd find out the correct trans# for my car.

--edit--
    BTW, Jules. Nice handwritten note on your Kardex: "Auf Leistung gebracht"
    Last edited by tomster; 06-13-2017 at 01:54 AM.

OK here are some of the sheets used in the build process. I have taken identification off a couple of them and am not posting some others as they identify the car(s) but the most interesting point to me is where there is identification on most of the pages that dont have the VIN number , engine number and transmission number stickers on them seen on the "cover page" above the identification of the car is always by production number - proving to me that the VIN is added late in the process. these are from a different car than shown above and not all are necessarily from the same car to protect the identity but all are from 1973 MY These show a very manual process which is reinforced by other form,s I cant post that shows different people signing off their part of the process all on a master document
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Great. Interesting to see this kind of documents. Thank you for sharing

Tried to get a Kardex for mine, but I was informed a COA was all that was available.

Quote Originally Posted by tomster View Post
    Hmm, kinda strange that there is a Kardex available for 9110300991 but not for my 9110300114...
    Not that I would really need the Kardex itself but at least I'd find out the correct trans# for my car.
    My COA has the engine and transaxle numbers.
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059