Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Beizer : Racing History

This is great ,do you happen to know where and when the picture with the white 911 #66 car was taken?
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

The odd looking Blue car appears to be the Porsche Kangaroo car that was subsequently sold to my friend Gerry Sutterfield.... he then traded it to the factory for.... not 1.... but 2.... 917 race cars... they saw little value in them.
    Gerry told me that story over lunch a few years back. Tate
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Thumbs up

This is great ,do you happen to know where and when the picture with the white 911 #66 car was taken?
    Before the real verdict is in I'd venture a guess the pic was taken at Lime Rock Connecticut... And buy the look of the silver blue C4 Corvette next to the red one, it probably can't be any earlier than '84....

The odd looking Blue car appears to be the Porsche Kangaroo car that was subsequently sold to my friend Gerry Sutterfield.... he then traded it to the factory for.... not 1.... but 2.... 917 race cars... they saw little value in them.
    Now THAT'S a GREAT story Tate.....

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks Logan...

...this is really great ...I thought the blue Kangaroo/ "prototype-car" was some kind of Berg-Spyder?...Is that the same car as the red #87 prototype the driver is jumping into in post #13/9th picture down?...I wouldn't have guessed that it would have been worth in that magnitude...but as Tate said, they(the 917's) were just old race cars...The yellow -67? has some gigantic side impact protection...it almost looks like the yellow factory assembly fixture from previous pictures was left in the car...Very cool pictures from a wild, wild American Porsche Racing era....I remember reading about these "Cool Cats" from back home...I recognize several faces but have to admit far from all...Chuck can probably fill us in...Logan, thanks again.../ Lars...
    Last edited by larwik; 07-15-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by 1970rsr View Post
    So which one was it?
    https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-models/904/spyder/

From the body, I would guess this is 906-004, the sole surviving example with this body.

Thank you for the pitcures and story

Quote Originally Posted by Fubawu View Post
    The white #66 is on grid exit at Road Atlanta. That is turn 1 in the background
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

The white 911 #66 is at Road Atlanta. It's probably the early 80's. I'll see if there is a date stamp on the picture
    Last edited by STEVE BEIZER SPORTS; 07-12-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Logan Beizer

I don't have any information on the blue "prototype". I'll ask Franz Blam when I see him next. Again, thanks to everyone following this! The best is still to come!!! It's a long tedious process scanning, sizing, touching up, & uploading everything. I just found a lot more documentation, pictures, & miscellaneous cool stuff last night. I will continue sharing everything I find.

Thanks
    Logan Beizer

Didnt Leonard Turner own the Kangaroo earlier?

I just found this via google. I'll try to upload a scan of the original.

http://www.pcapalmetto.org/palmettop...70/Nov1970.pdf
    Logan Beizer