Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing change by Porsche regarding new COA's

Quote Originally Posted by kouwenhoven View Post
    That's an eye opener, I have access to kardexes until 1969, but had to disappoint many people that were looking for 1970 kardexes and younger. So I guess I can tell them you can help?

Erik
    No, I'm not the go to guy for Kardexes, if I overwhelm my source he won't want to be my friend anymore.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I am glad I ordered my COA several years ago. It does have both numbers. I wouldn't have even known about it if not for Esses!!!
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Quote Originally Posted by ELSPORTO View Post
    Are Porsche Classic selling or going to sell cars?

If that becomes the only way to obtain a guaranteed Porsche certificate of authenticity for matching numbers etc, then it doesn't get more 'investor grade' than that .... imagine the premium your guys would pay for that sort of insurance.
    Its a good possibility. They are already selling vintage Porsche, as they cost as much as any new 991.
    They said they will continue to open more Porsche Classic Centers around the World.
    To train the people once able to maintain older Porsche and getting Porsche Classic Center status, they do this restoration competitions currently organised in Europe within Porsche dealers and where the winner is promoted, as seen in ads in leading car magazines, like Octane.

By bying a vintage Porsche in one of their Porsche Classic Centers around the world and as with Ferrari, quite possible it will then be the only place to get infos and validation/ "matching" papers once available to everybody. Mr. everybody will be replaced with Mr.investorgrade.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 06-29-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    We didn't do it, the investors did. I'm so sick of getting calls from guys who say they want a Porch, but it has to be "Investor Grade"
    WTF does that even mean? Adam
    Auction mania and "investors" have ruined a lot of things over the past 10-15 years. As uneducated and unsophisticated purchasers they have created an easy playground for those who prosper from creating cars with provenance where none exists.

Quote Originally Posted by 911r67 View Post
    thats why I´m stepping out of that Porsche hype....since Volkswagen overtook this brand its nothing more than just a car.....they kill the spirit...with their stupid sales policy and you only can order a limited car if you had ordered one before....+++
    Not sure what that has to do with COAs or long hoods. Or that a new 991 is anything remotely close to any VW.

~J~
    air cooled only

Very interesting. I've ordered a few CoAs over the years and know I don't think I'll waste $100+ on a semi-worthless piece of paper. As it stands now, the only thing it will provide is the factory options. What else would it provide? Knowing the factory installed options is not worth $100 to me. I anticipate a sharp drop in the number of CoAs purchased.
    Last edited by denniso; 07-01-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Its a good possibility. They are already selling vintage Porsche, as they cost as much as any new 991.
    They said they will continue to open more Porsche Classic Centers around the World.
    To train the people once able to maintain older Porsche and getting Porsche Classic Center status, they do this restoration competitions currently organised in Europe within Porsche dealers and where the winner is promoted, as seen in ads in leading car magazines, like Octane.

By bying a vintage Porsche in one of their Porsche Classic Centers around the world and as with Ferrari, quite possible it will then be the only place to get infos and validation/ "matching" papers once available to everybody. Mr. everybody will be replaced with Mr.investorgrade.
    Well then, it all makes sense to me.

Hi Erik-- You have a PM about my Kardex. Thanks Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Interesting that the COA was always known to have mistakes.... but now they wont even issue you the engine and tranny number...

I have been able to find the matching engines for my 1967S and 1969T thanks to the COA.
    But now, now more.

Basically any 1970 and up 911 missing it's engine is chit out of luck in hopes to knowing what engine number to look for.

Not that many people buy roller tubs in hopes of finding original engine, but it was a great thing in the name of preservation.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

member #1515
    Latest news is that investors are moving to classical instruments, they appreciated 16% last year in contrast to a 10% decrease for classic cars. I wonder if COA's are available for Strads!
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs