Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 1970 911S Sunroof Coupe

Hey Guys,
    This car is now available again. Owner, in 2017, decided to keep it. Now making room for other cars and is serious about selling. Sport seats have been replaced with OEM and price is now $149,900. I just joined the registry, so can't receive PM's yet. My userid is the same on Rennlist and you can find me on Facebook. My name is Joe Rothman and I'm in Colorado Springs. Will have new photos posted soon! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    '. . . Gorgeous , early production (#0049) 1970 911S from a local collector/client. Mechanically, literally (almost) perfect! Transmission, engine, MFI, all gone through! Only fault is a very slow leak in an original, date stamped, oil line. It was left in place for originality and we will replace with new part at buyer's request. Rare model with sunroof AND aluminum decklid. Matching number engine and type 901 transmission have been gone through by a certified Porsche technician and been put back to 100%. All the heads are date stamped 1969, and the MFI pump runs great. The 2.2 911S has a great acceleration feel lacking in the later 2.4 S models. The black paint, is in good overall condition, but not the original color of Bahia Red. Paint looks great with the black interior and really sets off the chrome window trim. Fuchs wheels recently restored by Harvey Weidman. A fantastic driving 2.2 S Sunroof Coupe that operates exactly as it should to provide years of driving enjoyment! . . .'

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks, guys, for linking and posting photos. I think the orange one that just sold on BAT confirms this car is right at $149k. We just did a leak-down/compression tests with perfect results. (as expected with fresh motor) I did a very thorough examination of paint depth (photo of my notes available) which indicates a bit of work done on passenger side behind door. (bigger than softball, smaller than volleyball sized area. Oil tank and leaking original oil line just addressed. I had a guy supposedly super interested. Did all this examination for him. He then seemed to balk because I don't have a "story" or records prior to restoration. It's confirmed numbers matching, the original red paint can be seen on the inside of the rear quarters. It's an honest car represented honestly. Is this the BAT effect that people want a story???

Comments and suggestions on where to advertise besides here and PCA website are welcome.

Thanks Guys!

Joe