Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a recent Singer build

a recent Singer build

do not like an off the rack momo......but wow these cars are sexy

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...-singer-quail/

that coupe is so very handsome...color combo, wow......Im surprised it didnt get the bigger motor.....roll bar and everything is already there......puzzling
    Last edited by 70tangerine; 08-19-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Shift Knob Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by 70tangerine View Post

I still say Id prefer a bespoke steering wheel, not an off the rack proto.....Im kinda surprised they dont do such........
    Or at the very least a better column adapter sheesh... That rubber bellows thing looks cheap..

Dig the pedal boards...

Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by 76911S View Post
    Or at the very least a better column adapter sheesh... That rubber bellows thing looks cheap..

Dig the pedal boards...

Mark..
    I completely agree. Ever since the first Singer I saw, I wondered why they use those accordion hub adapters. If they can't drop the $500 on an original solid hub, the least they could do is buy the faux solid hub cover. They are just so much more aesthetically pleasing
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Shift Knob Maker
    I am guessing they are trying to maintain the collapsible feature of the original adapter, but I can't believe something better cant be thought up.

Mark..

I still don't get it.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I am guessing they are trying to maintain the collapsible feature of the original adapter, but I can't believe something better cant be thought up.

Mark..
    Mark these would retain the collapsing feature but look much better

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Momo+simulator
    IMG_1693.JPG

Shift Knob Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    Mark these would retain the collapsing feature but look much better

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Momo+simulator
    IMG_1693.JPG
    Yeah, I knew what you meant, I have one of those on my car, well a Racemark version . I was talking about the Momo hub adapter being collapsible. But I don't know.

Mark..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I knew what you meant, I have one of those on my car, well a Racemark version . I was talking about the Momo hub adapter being collapsible. But I don't know.

Mark..
    The one I pictured IS the collapsible momo one. Instead of the accordion cover they've made a different cover to look like the solid hub momo or racemark. (I've got the racemark one as well)

Maybe the style of the column is in keeping with the gearshift boot. Is it me or does the targa look more like Sepia than orange? Alert Frank.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

To match the ugly steering column?

Scott

image.jpeg
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)