Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: '67- 911 Navigator's Light Base, 901.632.155.01

FS: '67- 911 Navigator's Light Base, 901.632.155.01

This replaces the NLA part:
    PET '70-'73 911 Fig. 9-05-10, #56 901.632.155.01 Mounting plate (for Navigator's light) Qty: 1

Earlier, these were a component of the SWB production option number 9182, Co-pilot’s interior Light.

These lights were also described in the "Information Regarding Porsche Vehicles Used For Sports Purposes" brochure:
    • This is a rally-tested light with a flexible connection. The light can be bent to any desired angle and position and is a considerable help on night drives for map- reading, etc (can be fitted as a production Option).
    • Installation instructions: The light is screwed onto the right windshield pillar directly over the instrument panel. A holder for the flexible arm when not in use is bolted under the light fixing; this is also fitted on the windshield pillar.

Mount:
    Material: Stainless steel, 304
    Finish: Glass bead-blasted
    Weight: 27 grams

U-Clip:
    Material: Stainless steel, 0.5mm
    Finish: Mill
    Weight: 5.4 grams
    Purpose: Secures the light's spiral cable and it is commonly missing from used lights.

Upgraded stainless steel fasteners are included:
    Oval-head sheetmetal screw, B 3.5x9.5 (attaches Mount to A-pillar) Qty: 3
    Oval slotted screw, AM 3x14 (attaches Light to Mount) Qty: 2

Also required:
    PET '70-'73 911, Fig. 9-05-10, #55, 901.632.102.01 Interior light Qty: 1, NLA
    This light was made by Butlers (Flexilight, Navigator Model, #1589-P, 12V, 18" tube) & is frequently found used on eBay.
    N.B. Butlers also made a similar, 'incorrect' Executive Model, #1589/L, with the switch centerline axis perpendicular to the mounting screw axis

The price of the assembly is $39.54.
    Shipping within the US is by your choice of USPS Priority Mail ($7.15), or Parcel Post ($3.00).

Other items:
    Last edited by JimmyT; 05-15-2018 at 08:38 AM.

always when i saw this pic i was wondering what this thing mounted close to the passenger a-pillar is...

you learn something new every day

Fantastic item, Jimmy. All the details spot on as usual.

PM sent for one.

Thanks,

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Good stuff Jimmy, email sent.

Dave

Please send me two assemblies, if you ship overseas

Can these mount in a 914?

Dang that's cool.

Dirk:
    Yes. I ship globally. PM sent.

Larry:
    I have never seen them used on a 914, but they would fit.

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Hi, is the mounting assembly still available ? If so I'd like one set please.
    Cheers
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Hi Xavier,

Sorry, but I sold the final one last week.
    Don't worry. I will make some more next week.

Navigator'sRallyLight_Larrousse1970_800x600.jpg