Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum etiquette on reposting links to for sale adverts elsewhere

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    There was once a time you could dig and "find" something hidden on the internet, those days are long gone. This guy is living in those old days. If you find something on the internet you want in a public forum at a good price your only answer should be "I'll take it" and hope you're first in line. There is no negotiating when thousands are seeing the same thing you are.

Oh, and "fair price" usually means "cheap price", I tell the guys looking for a fair price to come out to all the swap meets and start elbowing, but there is no elbowing from a key board. People ask how I get the deals I do, I say I hit the road, so get off your arse if you want a deal!
    ---Adam
    Great comment. What I find is that most buyers don't have the stomach to play rough. They are simply too inexperienced and timid to say "I'll take it" without putting a seller through the ringer. Face it: Most sellers just want the path of least resistance and aren't interested in some drawn out and romantic experience. Unless you're willing to cowboy up, expect to pay retail.

Old school problem from "back in the day".
    I mean, its not an ad in a local newspaper anymore, today its a worldwide access internet.
    To forbid something one can read from over the pond and post the link as well ?
    It also goes the opposite, discussing via a community the car might help prospective buyers to not fall into a "wrong" buy.
    Registry member No.773