Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - numbers matching 69S

FS: @eBay - numbers matching 69S

This is a really nice 69S (original silver) numbers matching project, in the interest of disclosure this belongs to a friend of mine and I was involved in some of the work that was done. This 911s coupe was just listed on Ebay, I know the reserve which I wont disclose but I will say someone is going to get a great car and a really good deal on this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Porsche...xZt~Wk&vxp=mtr
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

1969 Porsche 911S Coupe
    VIN: 119300864
    Engine: 6391228 (rebuilt to 2.2L)
    Trans: 7194908
    Color: Silver Metallic/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 146,000 (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: US$45,000 Minimum Bid
    Sold for: US$81,720

69S 1.jpg

69S 2.jpg

69S 3.jpg

69S 4.jpg

69S CoA.jpg

69S Kardex.jpg

Seller's Description:

Kardex and COA verified matching numbers: Engine, transaxle & all 5 Original Deep Six Fuchs (correct matching date on all five). Factory options include: tinted windows, Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio, rare chrome fender trim and the first year of Silver base coat/clear coat, with both paint codes on the paint tag on the door post. Solid car sold new in California. Very straight chassis without any evidence of past accident damage.

New inner and outer rocker panels, front suspension pan and rear parcel shelf properly installed with NOS, Stoddard and Restoration Design panels. Spot welds drilled and new parts carefully installed. Small areas of rust were also addressed. Car was painted a darker silver several decades ago as seen on the rear fenders. Hood, trunk lid, front fenders and bumpers were media blasted and primered. Factory undercoating touched up in areas with correct Wurth products from Germany. This 911S is ready for minor body work (small dings, final fitment, etc) and paint.

Engine and transaxle were rebuilt in 1981 by the shop that held Porsche Club Tech Sessions back in 1981(about 50,000 miles ago). Engine was built to 2.2S with new factory pistons and cylinders, complete paperwork for this work included. I would plan on at least pulling the top-end and refreshing all of the seals since it has been many years since the rebuild. Has complete, original MFI system. Original 911S front oil cooler, lines and rear console are in good condition. Heat exchangers are very tired and should be replaced.

Decent interior that just needs headliner, seats recovered and new carpets. Dash has very minor cracks but very presentable. The steering wheel is in great shape and is verified by the date on it to be the factory installed unit.

Car was parked in 2001 as a running car. Partially taken apart for a repaint about eight years ago, but did not progress after that and sat in dry storage. We repaired the rust damaged parts and reassembled the car as needed for transport. Engine turns over freely, but we did not run it since the fuel system and oil lines/cooler should be flushed. The transaxle shifts through all the gears. Has correct aluminum S brakes but brake system should be gone through. Emergency brake works.

Chrome fender trim, rocker molding, S bumper trim, front bumper guards, S threshold trim and headliner bows included with sale.

If you want to have the car inspected please do so before bidding. Car is sold in “As Is” condition with no warranty, express or implied. Ready to ship anywhere in the world. We will assist your shipper in loading the car.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 09-22-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Will be interesting to see the bidding on eBay with a minimum bid of $45K needed...often discourages bidding to have it so high to begin with. Indeed it seems to be a nice project, but knowing that the reserve is beyond $45K with a car that still needs paint, interior work, wheel refinishing, unknown engine work (in a car that is not running), and lots of miscellaneous attention I'm not sure it will be the 'bargain' car it is advertised to be in today's market.

is the reserve $45,001?

~J~
    air cooled only

mac73s, Try finding another numbers matching, silver 69s nice project for sale anywhere else in the world at any price. This is one of one at this time. The seller has a receipt for the engine and transmission build from a known and well respected shop, granted it was a long time ago and 50,000 or so miles ago, but I think your "unknown engine work" comment is not accurate. And your the only one that used the word, "bargain" not me and not the seller. I said it is a good deal and I stand by that comment.
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    is the reserve $45,001?
    No, the reserve is a bit higher than $45,001. The auction was started at a number that represents the minimum value for a complete, genuine 1969 911S. The fact that it is a solid, numbers matching, non-abused, desirable color example certainly points to a higher value.

This car will be gorgeous again someday soon:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by L.a.Brooks; 09-12-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyaircooled View Post
    . . . really nice 69S (original silver) numbers matching project . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Porsche...xZt~Wk&vxp=mtr . . .
    VIN = 119300864
    Eng# = 6391228
    Trans# = 7194908

'. . . Kardex and COA verified matching numbers: Engine, transaxle & all 5 Original Deep Six Fuchs (correct matching date on all five). Factory options include: tinted windows, Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio, rare chrome fender trim and the first year of Silver base coat/clear coat, with both paint codes on the paint tag on the door post. Solid car sold new in California. Very straight chassis without any evidence of past accident damage.

New inner and outer rocker panels, front suspension pan and rear parcel shelf properly installed with NOS, Stoddard and Restoration Design panels. Spot welds drilled and new parts carefully installed. Small areas of rust were also addressed. Car was painted a darker silver several decades ago as seen on the rear fenders. Hood, trunk lid, front fenders and bumpers were media blasted and primered. Factory undercoating touched up in areas with correct Wurth products from Germany. This 911S is ready for minor body work (small dings, final fitment, etc) and paint.

Engine and transaxle were rebuilt in 1981 by the shop that held Porsche Club Tech Sessions back in 1981(about 50,000 miles ago). Engine was built to 2.2S with new factory pistons and cylinders, complete paperwork for this work included. I would plan on at least pulling the top-end and refreshing all of the seals since it has been many years since the rebuild. Has complete, original MFI system. Original 911S front oil cooler, lines and rear console are in good condition. Heat exchangers are very tired and should be replaced.

Decent interior that just needs headliner, seats recovered and new carpets. Dash has very minor cracks but very presentable. The steering wheel is in great shape and is verified by the date on it to be the factory installed unit.

Car was parked in 2001 as a running car. Partially taken apart for a repaint about eight years ago, but did not progress after that and sat in dry storage. We repaired the rust damaged parts and reassembled the car as needed for transport. Engine turns over freely, but we did not run it since the fuel system and oil lines/cooler should be flushed. The transaxle shifts through all the gears. Has correct aluminum S brakes but brake system should be gone through. Emergency brake works.

Chrome fender trim, rocker molding, S bumper trim, front bumper guards, S threshold trim and headliner bows included with sale . . .
    '

(Not mine)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by earlyaircooled View Post
    mac73s, Try finding another numbers matching, silver 69s nice project for sale anywhere else in the world at any price. This is one of one at this time. The seller has a receipt for the engine and transmission build from a known and well respected shop, granted it was a long time ago and 50,000 or so miles ago, but I think your "unknown engine work" comment is not accurate. And your the only one that used the word, "bargain" not me and not the seller. I said it is a good deal and I stand by that comment.
    You are entirely correct - my mistake saying 'bargain' as you indeed said "really good deal". As to the engine, 50K additional miles since the rebuild is not an insignificant amount of miles, and offering it as a non-running car only because it needs some fuel and oil flushing leaves me wondering why you guys did not take that next step which would seem to increase its value and attractiveness to buyers. I hope it bids like crazy...everyone of us benefits from a strong sale. My comments were for this forum and I'd never make a comment on eBay. I have done two 'nut and bolt' concours level restorations on two LWB 911-S cars over the past 4 years and the amount of money and time involved is not for the faint of heart. I would love to be a bidder on this car as I need another project having tired already from sweeping my garage, but at least for me knowing the level I would only be satisfied with in the end the current bid price is already more than I'd want to be as a starting point. You're already getting action on the car on eBay and that's great...seriously...good luck with the sale.

you guys are nuts..... asking $100,000 is nuts..... these are not $175,000 cars......
    Last edited by Macroni; 09-12-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I hope someone lets Hagerty know so they can adjust their charts:
    Current Values

#1 Concours$210,000
    #2 Excellent$173,000
    #3 Good$129,000
    #4 Fair$99,000