Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP NEEDED!!! webasto gas heater serial #'s wanted

HELP NEEDED!!! webasto gas heater serial #'s wanted

trying to track down the serial#s

target is to find out the first and the last serial# for every version
    there is 5 different webasto types of the p.1018 for 911/912

pic is assembled from my data base and shows the lowest and highest serial # i have for each version.
    the arrows should help you to determine your version.

if you have a webasto i would greatly appreciate if you would let me know the:

serial#(not very visible when mounted in the car but most of the time it can be found in the kardex and CoA ,
    the vin + production date of the vehicle it belongs to
    what type(steel AEG cap,nylon cap,red steel cap,transistor or black) not needed when you post a pic

and
    --if you have pics to share..great.

i could have posted this in the ultimate webasto
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-trades)/page9
    but i think its better to do it separately ... just to not mess up the thread.

i will of course update it

thanks much
    franz
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the one from #1829 from july/august 65.
    Name:  IMG_1513.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  89.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  62.1 KB

The cap is nylon and has AEG on it.
    The serial number is 1595.

It does not help with finding the change in model though sorry.

Cheers
    Reuben

thanks much Reuben..even if not helping to find the change it is cool to have it(yes Frank, i know how you think about the term cool when it comes to webasto) .
    i have 1590(vin 301918) and 1598 already in my data base.
    f.

Franz

The one you are restoring for me came out of a '67 Targa. 500254 - 3/13/67 production date

Tom

Franz - - First of all, thanks for all the good work you do documenting our cars!

Photos below are from 301744, a 65 model. Sorry my feeble eyes can't read the serial # or other info on plate, but CoA says (002 015) next to the heater. Also finding it difficult to match what I have installed in 301744 with one of your photos.

I also have original Webasto heaters installed in 303066, a 65 build 66 model (CoA = 002292), and 304574, a 66 model with no number on the CoA listed for the Webasto heater. I can get some photos of these heaters if that would help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Quote Originally Posted by John912 View Post
    Franz - - First of all, thanks for all the good work you do documenting our cars!

Photos below are from 301744, a 65 model. Sorry my feeble eyes can't read the serial # or other info on plate, but CoA says (002 015) next to the heater. Also finding it difficult to match what I have installed in 301744 with one of your photos.

I also have original Webasto heaters installed in 303066, a 65 build 66 model (CoA = 002292), and 304574, a 66 model with no number on the CoA listed for the Webasto heater. I can get some photos of these heaters if that would help.
    John
    thank`s for your contribution

what you have in 301744 is, what i call "the nylon cap type"
    unit #2015 and 2292 added to the data base
    pictures of the #2292 unit would be of great interest cause this is a serial# that would help to narrows down the gap for the transition from nylon to steel cap .

the one in 304574 is most likely a red steel cap type..if you find time to take a pic of it would also be sweet.

thanks much
    franz

Hi Franz,
    Here is the data from 308022S, Ausgel. am: 11.05.67

Kardex says Webasto 007.171, but because there is also a note in the warranty section saying: "Neue Webasto äm Wagen 136", I jumped to the conclusion many years ago it was replaced under warranty and never checked the number. I have now located the box in the attic and the number is actually matching the kardex.

Cheers, Radmund

Name:  Webasto serial number_1.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  118.2 KB

Name:  Webasto serial number_2.JPG
Views: 619
Size:  270.9 KB
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

hi Radmund

this is very interesting . your car should not have the transistor type webasto.
    your vin is close to the cangeover vin mentioned in the parts katalog 308070 is noted to be the first car with this type.
    the only idea i have for the note in your cars kardex is that 136 possibly is the date they installed the webasto 13.6. 67.
    the update on the webasto was done due to some safety issues they had with the non transistor type..thats probably the reason why the change was done during the modelyear....
    maybe porsche did stop installing webastos weeks befor the transistor units where delivered and installed them later.
    maybe 308070 was the first car to leave the factory with the new type.
    or maybe the parts catalog is just wrong...
    any chanche you post the kardex here Radmund?

i also wonder if porsche installed the transistor type smugglers box lid many vin`s before 308070
    does your cars smugglers box have this raised area shown in post#83
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-trades)/page9

pretty likely it has--- does it look as the one in the post or hammered by hand?

if not handmade does it look like that the lid was replaced somewhen or do the 4 screws that attach the lid to the body have black paint on it.
    if you can not tell by the screws maybe you can tell by the schutz sprayed on top of the lid...should have the same texture and masking pattern

or maybe you just post some pics and i draw my conclusions...

muchas
    franz