Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Roof Rack!

356 roof rack

I`ve had this one hanging in my shop for 10 years, never used it. It`s a "Pedro Sainz" rack from CA. Still has the protective rubber from the ride on "the dog". All the hardware is there........I`ve got 500 bucks in it if someone`s interested. Don`t know how to ship it tho! Fits all 356 Coupes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The thing I love the most about a roof rack on a 911/912 is it transforms your favorite car into a car you can do more in. It does away with the excuses. Just take the Porsche! Who says Porsche hasn't always made an SUV!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by METAVINYL View Post
    The thing I love the most about a roof rack on a 911/912 is it transforms your favorite car into a car you can do more in. It does away with the excuses. Just take the Porsche! Who says Porsche hasn't always made an SUV!
    Ha! Looks like a pic from last Saturday? I saw you on Soquel around 9 AM I think it was. You were driving kinda slow with those boxes on top, heh heh.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Yep. That was me. I usually drive slow when people are watching (the rack mountain is optional)

Just so ya know, I didn't cringe or anything,,, "F" Yeah! was the actual thought truth be known.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Glad to hear that. I love driving my my car and I'll do anything necessary that allows me to do so more often. Like I said, Porsche has always made an SUV. I think they look amazing when they are 'put to use.'

Quote Originally Posted by acoupe View Post
    I`ve had this one hanging in my shop for 10 years, never used it. It`s a "Pedro Sainz" rack from CA. Still has the protective rubber from the ride on "the dog". All the hardware is there........I`ve got 500 bucks in it if someone`s interested. Don`t know how to ship it tho! Fits all 356 Coupes.
    I'd love to buy it!!! Any way you can check how/if possible to ship it the other side of the pond??

That is exactly what I was looking for my 356!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxige View Post
    I do love roof racks too...but the question is, where can we source some??? I would love to install one on the 911 and one on the 356!!
    Stoddard is selling Repro for both 911/912 and 356's.

Name:  IMG_0921.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  78.4 KB
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Stoddard is selling Repro for both 911/912 and 356's.

Name:  IMG_0921.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  78.4 KB
    Thanks, appreciate the hint! I've come across those in the past but would prefer the look of the wood ones as per the pictures posted by "acoupe"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxige View Post
    Thanks, appreciate the hint! I've come across those in the past but would prefer the look of the wood ones as per the pictures posted by "acoupe"
    Those with wood were in period never available by Porsche for 911/912, but of course anybody is free to choose.
    Here are the four types available back then (1971 Porsche Dealer accessory folder): Ski/rack combined, Rack, Ski Coupe, Ski Targa)

Name:  IMG_0930.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0931.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0932.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0933.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  41.2 KB