Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1967 Italian Equipment

1967 Italian Equipment

OK, even closer to the finish line (and thanks for the info about the rearview mirror for a 67S).

I have tracked down original and correct Italian turn signals for my car. My next question concerns equipment. It is my understanding to keep the price down for Italian market cars (so they could escape punitive taxes), most Italian delivery cars were pretty low content/sparsly equipped (no radio, etc, etc). My car only lists an optional heater, but apparently the cost cutting also extended to things such as the hazard switch!

I do have a correct hazard switch for a 67, and there was a thread on here about other years not having one, but how about 1967? Hazard switch or not? Otherwise I have someone who is interested in buying my minty switch.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  72.7 KB

hmm if your car would have been a austrian delivered car the answer would be nope -no hazzard switch for 67. i doubt that italy was ever ahead of austria when it comes to introducing safety features...my 72 italian 911 did not even have headrests
    i wonder if there ever was a bezel in italian language--have seen english,german and french.

btw does your car have the hole in the dash for the switch?if so does it look home made or nicely punched out

funny it came with a webasto---must have been delivered to the north of italy

Hi Moito - according to my Kardex, car was delivered in Bologna...so certainly more north. When i got the car there was a switch for foglight which were added later.

Best

Ben S.

Though my Italian car is not a 67 this may help. My 73S, 10/72 build, came as a total stripper. No horns, hazard, seatbelts, radio or headrests. Also as Moito posts, my car came wired and switched for a Webasto heater and single stage rear defroster. It was delivered in the north, Varese, just below the Swiss border. It eventually had all the kit added at the dealer.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Most, if not all, euro cars did not have a hazard switch. I know my Swiss delivery 67S did not have one
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

67 is early for hazard switch, but my swiss market 70built 71T does have one, a transparent red push button. Agree, italian market 911 came late with safety equipement, lacking often seatbelts too.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    btw does your car have the hole in the dash for the switch?if so does it look home made or nicely punched out
    That made me laugh.
    First time i brought the car in for a service, my mechanic was so upset with the fact this switch was removed, he put a fake switch in there which I still have to this day...
    (He also pointed out that my driver side mirror was from a 1974+ car)
    I never knew this hole should have been there all along.

(Yes, my car is Italy delivery and does have the other specific C07 items)

My 1970 E is an italian car, delivery date July 1970 to Porsche Italia - I can confirm: no hazard switch.
    Last edited by Sun888; 09-18-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: tpyo
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Ditto with Steve, my Italian 73S came with no hazard switch.

My 1969 Italian market 280SL has no hazards or seatbelts. Keith