Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering Damper for ‘66

Steering Damper for ‘66

I’m trying to locate a Koni, Boge or an aftermarket steering damper for a ’66 without much luck #901.347.501.00 Has anyone had a Koni rebuilt?

Any information will greatly be appreciated,

Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Glenn:

I got two last year from classicgarage.com, 845-940-1900, Brewster NY.

PN: KO-76-1227. I think they were Konis, but not sure if he had any left in stock
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Thanks John!

I didn't see them listed on his website although I will give them a call on Monday.

Why do you need this? With the revised alignment settings possible with a car with adjustable front strut tops, the factory eliminated it. I have an original and the Koni that I'm holding onto for concours, but I don't plan to drive the car with them.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    Why do you need this? With the revised alignment settings possible with a car with adjustable front strut tops, the factory eliminated it.
    Good question! Our car is early enough that it does not have "adjustable front strut tops" and was missing the damper when I bought the car 20 years ago.

Thanks everyone and thank you again John! I sourced a Boge through classicgarage.com, it was the last one they had and the Koni's are all gone as of last year.

Glenn

i have a boge set new old stock for sale if you want
    pm me
    thanks

Just a bump on this thread as I need to source a damper. I have the original Boge however its damping days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    Why do you need this? With the revised alignment settings possible with a car with adjustable front strut tops, the factory eliminated it. I have an original and the Koni that I'm holding onto for concours, but I don't plan to drive the car with them.
    So it's OK to just remove the damper on a 66'?
    Scott