Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decals for engine bay

Decals for engine bay

My car was repainted and the engine bay decals were not replaced. I see that there are a number of sites that sell replacements. Anyone have any experience or site that they have had good luck with the quality of the decal? My car is a 1972 911T
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Stoddard has good repos
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

I'm a big fan of what CANFORD CLASSICS (U.K) offers....used them on my 70 and 73 911-S and with original stickers in hand, I think they are superb

The guys at Carbone have a great selection if you can tolerate their haphazard communication.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    The guys at Carbone have a great selection if you can tolerate their haphazard communication.
    The one I have from them (snorkel sticker for a Solex-carbureted car) is good except that it's on very thin material--pretty much foil. Weren't the original stickers kind of thick?
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

I think they're all like that. I haven't see any repros that are the original thick material. Would love to be wrong.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I think they're all like that. I haven't see any repros that are the original thick material. Would love to be wrong.
    I know specifically AASE's snorkel sticker is relatively thick. It's printing isn't as accurate as Car-Bone's and it has a sort of brushed finish which isn't like the one original I have.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

+1 for canford. excellent product

~J~
    air cooled only

+ for Carb-Bone. I have them on my 72S.

I have stickers from Aase, CarBone, and Canford for my car... I also have the originals (which got a bit messed up by the PO - hence the search for new ones)... each has their good points, but each are flawed, from the thickness of the base material, to the colour, to the typeface, etc.
    If you're looking for concours, then I'm not sure... if you're not at that level, then any of these will be great...

If anyone's interested, I can take photos and post them here...

S
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616