Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decals for engine bay

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    The one I have from them (snorkel sticker for a Solex-carbureted car) is good except that it's on very thin material--pretty much foil. Weren't the original stickers kind of thick?
    I have the Carbone ones as well. They're really nicely done -- except for the thin foil. I wish they'd use the correct material.

They do look nice...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1 for Carbone. Have them on our '68, 2-'69's, '82 & an '86 - can you tell I'm a fan??? They do great work imho

I believe that some very nice and authentic red border decals are in the works with Manuel. Knowing his previous work they will be stunning.

I'll look forward to that ... any idea when???

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    I believe that some very nice and authentic red border decals are in the works with Manuel. Knowing his previous work they will be stunning.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

+1 Canford Classic. Thick like original.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    I'll look forward to that ... any idea when???

Almost there, the digital files are identical to the original decals I have, I've sourced a very correct material and have made some printing and trimming tests, just checking another source for the base metal (not brushed)

I would like to know who has the best color match for a 73.
    Photo shows my original and one repro that is clearly the wrong color.
    Thanks for referralName:  IMG_3464.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  74.9 KB
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

In looking closely at the top example, it appears that the very thin protective film is still on the sticker and at least from several sets I've received from CANFORD CLASSICS, this film has a green tint. When removed, the true color of the sticker will appear. Just a thought.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcampuzano View Post
    Almost there, the digital files are identical to the original decals I have, I've sourced a very correct material and have made some printing and trimming tests, just checking another source for the base metal (not brushed)
    Are you by any chance working on a snorkel decal for Solex-carbureted cars?

Name:  Snorkel_Original.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  81.1 KB
    Original Snorkel Sticker
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet