Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let me broach this subject...steering wheel splines

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    http://www.schray-antriebstechnik.de/raeumnadeln.htm are loacted right around the corner from me - they have 4 machines for broaching. If I may help let me know
    Hi Uai!

If you have a hub laying arround, you could try to drop it to the shop and see what they say?

Thanks

Olivier.

I have loads of hubs, but no Porsche hubs - but i think somebody from the forum will lend me one.
    But you are aware that they will be able to do broaching on delivered parts, not selling the tools.
    The tools you can get in germany e.g. at klink https://www.arthur-klink.de/ they also do the work, but they are further away from me https://www.arthur-klink.de/werkzeug...aben-din-5481/

I got my hands on a steering shaft this week. So I'll be showing this to my broach man and seeing what happens next.
    Early S Registry Member #3291

Still hunting for my dad's (Roger Abraham) '70T Coupe in Light Ivory
    Purchased new from Gruber Porsche Cedar Rapids, IA

So here's an interesting little discovery. The steering wheel out of my '69 beetle fits the splines on this 914 shaft perfectly. And the 914 shaft fits several of the longhood steering wheels I have. So I think its safe to say the spline specs on beetles (at least '69--doubt they changed much over the years) are the same as 911/914.

Name:  20171020_205935.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  92.0 KB
    Early S Registry Member #3291

Still hunting for my dad's (Roger Abraham) '70T Coupe in Light Ivory
    Purchased new from Gruber Porsche Cedar Rapids, IA