Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear window wiper early SWB cars - documentation help needed

Rear window wiper early SWB cars - documentation help needed

Hi,

I am trying to find documentation on the way the rear wiper was mounted on early cars without the pivot hole in the rear deck lid. The factory accessory brochure shows what appears to be a small triangle aluminum?? piece mounted to the deck lid. Does anybody out there have one of these pieces or a good picture?

Also looking for pictures of the way the wiring was routed and the location of the switch on the dash.

Thanks,

JK

Not sure if better than the one you already have, but there is a picture of this setup on page 49 in Brian Long ´63-´71.

I take for granted you have this book ;-)

Cheers,

RS
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Hi, I am trying to find documentation on the way the rear wiper was mounted on early cars without the pivot hole in the rear deck lid.
    Joris, is the section in the Workshop Manual under the heading "Subsequent Installation of Rear Window Wiper" not what you're looking for?
    It describes the installation in vehicles prior to 1967.
    Group TRA, Technical Instructions & Accessories", pages TRA 19-25, also Service Bulletin F 19/66.

Name:  DSCN1456.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  66.8 KB

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Hi Radmud, thanks, I will look for this.

Jon, thanks a lot for pointing that out. I dug out my service bulletins and found 19/66. The interesting thing is that the picture shown in the 65 accessory brochure and the set up on the museum '65 coupe appears to be a bit different from that described in the bulletin. I am hoping that somebody out there might have a car with this set-up and could take some accurate pictures and measurements.

Thanks,

JK
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    ...the museum '65 coupe...
    Joris, I'm not familiar with the museum coupe, but it appears to be well optioned for a 65. It even has a rear stabilizer bar :-)

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

:-) not quite sure about the history on this one. As you know the factory had to habit of adding parts later on their development cars

Reviving an old thread. Recently came across some pictures of a car BHCC sold with the same set-up

Name:  1114_p23_l.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  77.1 KB

In the museum car pictured above done by Porsche factory restorers. Check the rear grill. Look at the parked position of the front wipers. Look at the parallel positions of each of the rear lenses versus the bumpers beneath them. These are examples of why people have competent U.S. restorers do their cars.

Bump, anybody? Perhaps someone out here knows the current owner of the BHCC car?

Bumping up again, still trying to solve this mystery