Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Silver Trimmed Lense Covers

Best Silver Trimmed Lense Covers

It's been a while since I looked. Who is currently making the best reproduction of the pre-72 silver trimmed parking/running light sense covers? I am thinking of bringing my 69 back to silver trim. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Anxious to learn the answer too..

I was very pleased with the ones from einmalig that I bought a year ago
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

So the vender the factory used ; got mine from a Eastern European country ( Republic of Czechoslovakia ) that Bosch used back in the 1990's are gone. I had a feeling because the last set I bought that were Bosch were bought from a friend that went over to Europe to get them. The label on the box said Porsche but made in the Czech Republic. The last set I bought did not have Bosch printed on the lens but had the little Porsche triangle in the corner. So now all the lenses are reopo's. Porsche Classic needs to crank out more of these. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Does anyone have a lead on good quality lenses. I tried the lenses from Mr. Fiat and the color and markings are great but the moldings are a bit wavy and the lense is actually a bit shorter than the originals so there are large gaps. I would love to find a nice set of front signal lenses and rear tail light lenses but I am afraid that may be just a dream. Has anyone found a good supplier of lenses that actually fit? At this point I am willing to sacrifice the proper markings for a proper fit.

I too would still like a recommendation of a good source for these that fit properly.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I ordered up a set from Einmalig without the Bosch stamp and the last set with the stamp as well. I will report back on quality when they arrive.

Let us know how they are when you receive them. Wanting to go back to silver on my 69, but don't want to waste money on poor reproductions.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I just heard from the shop doing my car and he said that both the types of lenses sent were worst than the ones I already had from Mr. Fiat. I will post pics of all 3 options early next week for comparison.

Can we shed some light on comparisons? I too would like to hear which are the best ones. A friend of mine bought some from carpoint.de and said they were quite good. Anyone with insight along with pics, so we can see? And which are ones to stay away from?